Wednesday 21 December 2011

Rant 910 / Survivalists Are OP In Die2Nite

That feel when I pay for a S$245 bottle of Martell XO cognac with a S$1000 bill.

That feel, man.

That fricking awesome feel.

There's also another awesome feeling when I realized I had made the cashier clear her store of S$100 and S$50 bills, but that's a lot less significant.

It happened at the duty-free shop at the airport and I forgot about it until now.

It's not going to repeat a lot in the rest of my life, so I've got to note this down in case I forget this forever.


(Note: I'm not filthy rich. That bottle's an offering for my late father.)










It's so ironic when the church near my mum's hospice says "All are welcome," in bold outside, yet the gate and door are always closed.

It gets more ironic when the Hindu temple next door is really always open even though they don't say it with a big sign.











Busy busy busy. Not as busy as my buyers. Those are really busy. It's amazing how long and hard they work.

Personally I don't think it's worth the money, but that's just my opinion.

In the medium term, there are lots of things to do.

In fact I think I'll only stop being busy... oh wait, I'll never stop being busy as long as I want to maintain my current level of income.

Things will cool down a little after the lunar new year though. I'll still not be able to stay home and play as much as I used to, but it will get closer.

I think.









Managers are not merely the central gear of a machine that drives other smaller gears.

No, managers are also the lubricant of the machine.

One person, two jobs (at least).










This year, I will not make as much as I could have.

Too late to do much.

The best I can do is pressure my workers.

Meanwhile I have people to talk to and questions to ask.

Very annoying people.

Buggers received my orders months ago and I'm not seeing a frickin thread being delivered here yet.

It's already frickin CHRISTMAS ON SUNDAY!

I'm going to have to settle for Chinese New Year next month.

This month's Christmas is confirmed FUBAR.

Obviously I'm not happy but on a brighter note, I'm still making more than what I'd ever imagined I'll make.

Hence I'm buying plenty of discounted games on Steam. Stockpiling them before I decide what to send to who just before Christmas.

For example, I've got Recettear and Chantelise and I think I know who to send them to.

Doesn't matter if they give anything back to me - it's stupid to call something a "gift" if you expect something in return.

It would be a trade instead, and there are no freebies in a trade.

Every time someone gives you a freebie for buying something, it's actually covered by the price of the item you bought.

I can sell a motorboat, or I can sell a boat with a free motor for the same price.

No comments:

Post a Comment