Tuesday 30 August 2011

Rant 840 / WTF Happened To My Youtube Videos??

So Blogger messed up my embedded Youtube videos. Now the ones in 839 and 838 are all jumbled up.

Previously, the issue with embedded Youtube videos was much less significant - they merely disappeared after I opened a saved draft. My solution, if the page no longer existed in my "Recently Closed Tabs' menu, was to simply remove and forget about it.

I know there's the possibility that my account was hacked and someone is having some harmless fun with this blog, but I'd rather go with the first since that's easier to deal with.

I guess that's how the human mind works, huh?

I'm not sure I want to go through the trouble of copy and pasting all the embed codes to rearrange them.


EDIT: Was it my browser? Why is everything back to normal? What is this I don't even...














Usain Bolt made a very obvious false start in the 2011 Daegu World Championships in South Korea.



It's amazing that a world-renowned champion whom everyone is betting on made such a noob mistake. FYI there is no second chance for false starts in this competition.










Munchkin is a nice game. Very lax on the rules and humourous.












Just realized which stall HX was talking about which was famous for its thosai in my neighbourhood. It's one of the stalls that I never bothered to look at due to its long queue, just like one of the stall that sells char kway teow.

Plus I'm not very interested in thosai anyway.












ZOMG ZUFALL! #1956

Wait what? Automatic circumsizers?

Original song:



I'm aware of how old this is.









Died on day 17 in Die2Nite. Top town, undeniable now. We're the only town involved in the first Mega-Meta Jump (MMJ) to survive this long.

Fck yea!

But I have to admit the camping is much harder now. In the last town, I didn't die until the third day, and that's only due to dehydration. When I died this time, there was over 30 water rations still in town that everyone could go back to get.

Also, I just learnt that the mechanism that was introduced this season to limit mega-coalitions works by limiting the number of coalitions that can join each town.

That's why the MMJs set the number of coalitions joining in.

Btw the second MMJ will be held on the 2nd September (or 1st for Americans) at 00:10 server time, or 6.10am for Singaporeans. If your Soul Points exceed 100 and you're interested in playing seriously, just join a random town at that exact moment and it's quite likely you will be playing with a lot of veterans from the coalitions. In fact I was lucky enough to have several top players in my town. I wonder if I will be this lucky on Friday.











Dr Mundo is harder to use than Mordekaiser IMO. Spells that are spammed the most often for each:

Mundo: Cleaver
Morde: Siphon

Since I often use Siphon of Destruction as Mordekaiser, I noticed that it requires minimal aiming due to its conical area of damage. Hence, the further they are, the easier it is for me. In fact, I could just aim at the general direction of the enemies and immediately swing my cursor behind to ready for the click to turn back after hitting them (harassment).

Hence I could just keep doing hit-and-run attacks all the time.

With Cleaver, I have to watch which way they're going and aim ahead of them because it takes a split second for the cleaver to fly over there. Hence I keep missing. Moreover, normal creeps can block my cleaver. Nothing blocks the Siphon; everything in the way gets hit.

What offsets these disadvantages is that other than the difference in damage, the cleaver also slows the target down.

Great for chasing people down. As Mordekaiser, I've always had a hard time chasing people because the only thing I can use to slow the enemies is the Summoner spell, Exhaust. It's a little annoying to see the final survivor of the enemy team running away from me after a large battle. Dr Mundo doesn't have this problem.

In addition, Dr Mundo has Burning Agony which reduces disabling effects on him and does AoE damage to everyone nearby. As Morde, I've always had to rely on my Siphon which does AoE damage but it's the low damage and quick reload sort of ability. Against large groups of creeps, Morde just isn't as effective.

It's true that Morde has the Creeping Death aura ability that also damages everyone like Burning Agony, but Creeping Death has a much longer cooldown and raises my magic resistance which makes me save it for important occasions.

Finally, Mundo's ulti really takes some getting used to after using Morde for so long. It's so different in its purpose.

Morde's Children of the Grave drains HP from the target to me, not to mention if the enemy dies while it's in effect, I get a clone of it temporarily plus all the stat boosts. This means I'm used to using it during battles and when I'm in need of healing.

In contrast, Mundo's Sadism damages me instantly (20% of total HP) then gives me a significant movement speed boost and HP regen. To use it effectively, I need to cast it before entering a fight to give it some time to heal me somewhat. If I use it during a fight, there's no time to recover any of the lost HP, effectively turning it into a helpful ability for the enemy unless they are unable to stop me from running.

Even when taking the movement speed boost into account, I cannot use it as a last resort for escaping. If I have to run, I definitely don't have the 20% HP to spare.

Therefore, this means if I get caught by surprise, I have to keep my finger off the ulti instead of on like I do when I use Morde.

No comments:

Post a Comment