Friday 12 August 2011

Rant 829 / Green Ear Goo



ROFL!










For some reason, this jar of Equal is less sweet than the Equal I used to use that came in packets. Each packet was supposed to be as sweet as one teaspoon of sugar, while each teaspoon of Equal from this jar is supposed to be the same.

Yet why are 2 teaspoons of Equal from this jar less sweet than 2 packets of the same thing?

Why?

I'm even using a measuring spoon with "1 TSP" engraved on the handle.

What kind of nonsense is this? Each packet didn't even seem to contain as much as this spoon does.











I have a feeling I'm being tested by the buyer and I keep failing.

Anyway yesterday I received a crash course on what the codes mean on the price tags at this store we supply. Apparently the digits and letters can be translated to which supplier the product is from and basically (for us) how much commission they charge from the total price.

The latter is actually about whether it's on sale or whether it can ever be on sale but the important thing for me to note is that each of them just means different percentages that the store will take from the price.

Obviously I won't go into details here, but last I heard several years ago, Robinsons charges about 70%.











Some sticky greenish goo is oozing out of my right earphone's hook. The same colour as copper rust.

Found some of the stuff on my desk this morning and I had no idea where it came from. Also found some on the hook but thought it came into contact with the source, whatever it was.

It was only when I wiped the hook a second time that I noticed the miniscule crack.

It must be kinda pressurized inside.

So I applied a thin layer of superglue on it, hoping it would work like cement to seal it up.

The goo seems to be oozing out despite the dried (currently rubbery) glue.

There must be some strong pressure inside. I didn't even touch it.

I thought the hook was wire with solid plastic molded around it. Now I'm guessing it's a wire with a rubber skin and that pressurized goo filling the rest of the space to give it a solid feel.

...

Removed the dried glue I applied just now. The goo had formed a blister in the glue and started leaking.

Applied a thicker layer of glue but it's formed a blister again. Wonder if this will burst too.
















:)

No comments:

Post a Comment