Sunday 14 August 2011

Rant 831 / Because Sniping While Freefalling Is Standard Practice

So Facebook advertisements are age-specfic.

No wonder I don't see ads when I log on to FB.

Being a centenarian is awesome.











http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/afp_world/view/1146785/1/.html

I like the ideas. Cutting welfare handouts and subsidized housing for the rioters should be implemented ASAP. No point in helping those who are taking the aid for granted.

Even dogs don't bite the hand that feeds them.

It's so sad. Even the well-educated and supposedly upstanding members of society were among the rioters.

More than 1,200 people were arrested during the unrest. One London looter, 24-year-old Natasha Reid, turned herself into police because she could not sleep for guilt after stealing a television, according to her defence lawyer. 
In another case, Chelsea Ives, 18, one of thousands of people enrolled as "ambassadors" to help visitors to the 2012 Olympics, was identified by her mother who saw her on television after allegedly throwing bricks at a police car. Ives denied charges of burglary and violent disorder.

Courts have sat through the night to process those accused of crimes ranging from assault to stealing a bottle of water.

Offenders include a millionaire's daughter, a charity worker and a journalism student, though most are unemployed young men.

I guess the British have been spoilt too much.

Anyway, I've never understood why it's alright to be a complete douchebag when you're young even if you become a great person when you're older.

What's the logic?

You were an ass. Period.

Youth doesn't make it alright to be stupid enough steal and hurt others. Plenty of people around the world aren't like that.












Whoa! I didn't know Facebook has all the numbers in my phone!

Shiiiiiiiiiit....

Removed it just now.

Apparently if FB has your number, it syncs with your list of Contacts and downloads all the phone numbers.

Solution:

Account, Edit Friends, Contacts.

On the right there is a link that you can use to deny their right to record all these data.



I don't care if I'm the only one who can see this list. If the list is in FB's servers, it's where it's not supposed to be.













I think I screwed up my namecards. When enlarged, the card was the right colour, but I now believe the colour of the logo darkened when shrunk to the proper size for printing.

On the positive side, it's going to be delivered way earlier than expected - by Monday - for some reason they did not explain.

Who cares?

I'm getting express service for free!

But if the colour is wrong, the cards will be used to build pyramids when I'm bored.

And I'll have to spend a lot more to get new cards.

Despite the 50% discount I'm being offered, it's still much less than the 67% discount I used initially, plus since the $25 was wasted, the total cost of the new cards, if I order them, will really cost me 50% and $25.

I'll have no choice but to treat this $25 as the price of the lesson.

Although, hopefully I won't need to.












The second layer of superglue on my earphone didn't work. The glue got stretched so thin it got torn when I touched it.

The third layer seems to be working though. Removed the second layer as much as I could but tore a bit of the hook's plastic off accidentally.

The new layer is much thicker and hence much uglier. I wanted to keep it as smooth as possible but that was proven to be impossible.

It's still stretching but after 24 hours, I'm beginning to think either enough pressure has been released or this layer is thick enough.












I never thought about it this way. I've heard that bodybuilders' bodies aren't really good for work, but I've never compared them with those guys who are actually strong.

So it's really just for looks.













WHAAAAAAT?!?

DID I JUST SEE WHAT I THINK I SAW?!?

Did he just leap out of his plane, snipe a dude from the sky beyond the range of that giant mounted gun, and somehow land right back on top of his plane's seat?






My mind just exploded from the awesomeness of this video.







He was like "I'm tired of killing enemy planes with my plane," so he leaps out with his bazooka, blasts the enemy to smithereens and conveniently lands back onto his seat.

And you thought the Terminator was cool?














Electronic tattoo that can monitor your body's status?

Sounds epic.

A team of US scientists led by John A. Rogers, the Lee J. Flory-Founder professor of engineering at the University of Illinois, has developed an “electronic tattoo” that could make a huge difference in monitoring patients’ heart and brain. The tiny electronic sensor can be attached to skin like a temporary tattoo; it can bend, stretch and wrinkle and not break, says the BBC. The skin-like circuits could replace bulky equipment like wires, cables, monitors, pads coated with sticky gel, are much more comfortable to wear and “give the wearer complete freedom of movement,” says Science Daily.

What’s more, the tiny electronic sensors can be placed on the throat and are able to recognize differences in words such as up, down, left, right, go and stop. Researchers were able to use them to control a simple computer game but someone with muscular or neurological disorders, such as ALS, could potentially wear one of them circuits and use them to interface with computers.


Does this mean I won't need to go for body checkups anymore in the future?

And people with certain conditions that require constant monitoring like hypertension or diabetes will most likely find this very... annoying. And useful, yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment