Thursday 25 August 2011

Rant 838 / Red-Eared Sliders Don't Eat Banana Skins







Just discoverd The Cat Empire :D













ROFLMAO!












I did consider buying a baby companion for my red-eared slider (South American terrapin) but I was concerned about whether my pet would just eat it.

After all, it's like a baby - it tries to eat anything I put into or even near the water, even my fingers. Gotten bitten by it once back when it was still small, and it was already pretty painful then. Now if I get bitten by it, I'll probably lose a fingertip.

But anyway, after googling about it, I learnt that I was right. Oh well.

I have to admit I wasn't the one that took care of it until recently. My mum's been the one who did the feeding and the part-time maid was the one who did the changing of water (once per week).

We've never had to bring it to the vet despite the dirty water.

Ever since my cousins came and tried to play with it, I'm starting to have an interest in my turtle again.

Been feeding it and changing its water. I used to change the water only when I can't stand the smell that permeates my entire home whenever it shits a lot (probably after eating a lot).

Its meals are quite irregular, you see. My mum used to feed it with scraps when she cooks, and she doesn't cook often.

Fortunately, terrapins are pretty tough creatures that are able to handle weekly meals (though we rarely did that) and sleep in its own wastes.

I don't allow that now.

Still, I feed it with mainly vegetarian food, like bread, crackers, fruits and vegetables. Tuna too, once in a while, from a can of tuna-in-water. It seemed to reject the vegetables I threw into the water after I fed it with a big chunk of tuna.

And it's a little picky. It rejects banana peels even though they're perfectly edible, and bread when it's not very hungry. The one time I tried to feed it a piece of banana peel, it sniffed it for a while and turned away.











I do not agree that this is the end of the PC era in the sense that PCs are going to be extinct.

But I do agree that PCs are no longer the sole medium of computer activities, such that it's no longer necessary for people to own desktops these days to do computer stuff.

In fact if you're not into PC gaming, video editing and other activities that require loads of computing power, there's really no need to get a desktop anymore.

Casual gaming, social media and work documents can all be handled by tablets, perhaps with accessories like bluetooth keypads and such.

Furthermore, the end of HP's PC division doesn't signify the end of the PC era, but the end of an era in which people bought PCs like a set meal that comes with a specific set of components.

It no longer makes sense to buy PCs like that other than for the customer service.

In Sim Lim Square in Singapore (from which you should buy nothing but PCs), I can get a computer built with any commercially available parts and it always come with 2-5 years of warranty (depending on the individual shop's policies) that allows free servicing if I bring it back to the shop.

What I mean is that companies that sell whole PCs are being replaced by those that sell PC parts that also offer a PC-building service.











Steve Jobs is resigning. All that crap about how he built an empire or whatever is just that - crap.

Apple wasn't shit till they came up with the iPad. Whatever innovations he came up with, they didn't succeed, did they?



























The founder of Paypal is going to build a new country. Just kidding. He's going to build a floating platform that will be home to 270 in the beginning. Reminds me of Brink.

The main thing is that this platform will be a bigger and better version of Sealand, and it moves.

Is this going to be a genius move or just insanity? Will people describe him as an extraordinary leader like Steve Jobs or an eccentric wealthy person like all these people?

Technically, it can possibly be recognized as its own sovereignty if things are done right.

No comments:

Post a Comment