Monday 22 August 2011

Rant 836 / Shopping At DealExtreme

Recently bought a few more items from DealExtreme.


1) A male-to-male HDMI cable
2) A (most likely fake) leather casing for my Nokia N8
3) 2 pairs of disposable anaglyphic 3D glasses


Ok, I don't actually know whether it's cheaper than what I'd be able to find at Sim Lim Square, but I'm too lazy to hunt down all these.

The HDMI cable costs US$4.67, the leather casing costs US$2.91 and the glasses cost US$1.14. So even if they're more expensive than what I can locally, I don't believe the difference can exceed a single dollar per item.

The leather casing for my phone is necessary because I realized that I cannot keep my phone inside my pocket without fogging up the camera if I walk a lot. That casing would protect the screen when I put it inside my bag.

Btw all the links for DealExtreme above contain my referral ID. It benefits me if anyone registers a DX account via these links and buys stuff there. I'm not in need of money, but neither will it it harm anyone to use those links.

Just mentioning this because it seems some people see it as dishonesty when a referral link is used in place of a normal URL.

Don't hate me for liking freebies because I know you do too :)

















It is indeed a strange phenomenon that zebras have yet to be domesticated even though we've domesticated horses for so long. Zebras and horses look so alike, yet they must be very different.












Did you know that North Korea has a Youtube channel? I had this bookmarked a long time ago but never mentioned this here until now. It doesn't have much, just some propaganda videos from the DPRK.











Trying Aika SEA because some friends are playing it.
 
Lots of names are different from what I can remember from my days in the Aika US open beta. For example, boars are called "Max" in Aika SEA.

Don't ask me why.

Another difference is that Riflemen are Snipers here. Strangely, the word "sniper" is censored.

It too completely baffles me that they are censoring an innocuous word that is also the name of one of the classes.

Also got 2 prans after a bit of farming at lvl 10, a Water pran named "Genitalwarts" and a Fire pran named "Syphilis". Initially, I wanted to name my Water pran "Genitalherpes" but it kept saying I have invalid symbols inside. I guess that's Aika's way of telling me that the name's already taken. Tried "Oralherpes" too, same result.

But apparently Water prans are useless for Warriors, so my guild may eventually ask me to get rid of my Genitalwarts.

Oh well, at least I'll still have Syphilis.












It's day 11 in my town in Die2Nite and things are going to be very bad very soon.

We're barely able to handle tonights attack consisting of 844-875 zombies with our 784 defence points just six hours away from tonight's attack.

Then again, we're just 7APs away from completing the Saniflow Macerator which adds 50 defence points, boosting the total to 834 points. Still 10 short of the bare minimum.

Last night we were 3 points short but no one died, fortunately.

As for town points, which determine our place in the official rankings, we're second at 379, 4 points below the champions.

Damn. We were first in the beginning but we were quite unlucky in our hunt for the Searchtower blueprint, causing us to drop to second place several days ago.

Still, the top town may also be screwed tomorrow, according to rumours. Their homes are mostly Tents and Hovels (there's a structure that adds extra defence points for each House, the level 4 home upgrade) and they can barely handle tonight's attack.

Moreoever, they do not have the All-or-nothing blueprint that we have as our final resort, which adds 1 defence points for every item in our bank. It's a temporary defence which will wipe out everything there overnight.

We're currently discussing if we should spread out our defensive objects in our homes or let them all get consumed in the All-or-nothing.

Tomorrow, we'll be having an insane spike in the zombie attack with an estimation of 1650 to 1975 zombies. There's no way we can double our defences without resorting to All-or-nothing.

Nevertheless, it won't be over. At worst, we'll get out and begin the camping in Chaos mode, which is initiated when everyone staying in town at night is killed by the attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment