Wednesday 25 May 2011

Rant 784 / Zombie Physiology



Toys these days...










Great. Just called Bell and they told me I can collect my PC tomorrow. I have no idea why they couldn't inform me earlier so that I could collect before tomorrow, like today!

Still, if they have really fixed it, I'm not going to complain much.

Moreover, I think it's free of charge. Well, it should. The computer is only 4 months old, except for the hard drive which is only a week old, and they already had to replace the motherboard and hard drive.









Yoot Tower is easier than I thought. The moment I got hotels, I could actually beat the game already! Offices somehow don't work so well because they tend to avoid high traffic areas which are inevitable when you need an express elevator and multiple supplementary elevators.

Hotels, on the other hand, aren't that hard to organize. The catch is the occasional pest infestation that pops up quite randomly.

I could easily just create one giant tower spanning the entire width of the map and fill it with hotel rooms, front desks and cleaners' rooms. Oh and security too.

And that's it! I can easily just let it run all by itself while I do other stuff, only returning once in a while to check for pests, click "OK" on popup messages and add more rooms.

It would be boring though.

If only someone would make a more complicated version.









As expected, they built most of the temporary defenses up while we scavengers went out to work. It's easier to list things that aren't built, so here goes:

- Piston Lock
- Water Turret
- Primitive Catapult
- Guerilla Tactics
- Lure
- Barricades

Yes we're desperate enough to even spend 20 of our final water rations on Waterminefield for the 75 defense points. 17 water rations left. Though we now only have 32 people remaining due to accidents, having only slightly more than a day's worth of water rations is a cause for alarm.

This means we're going to need to vote for Water Pump tomorrow. Fortunately it's only at lvl 1 out of 5, so water is not a real emergency.

We are so desperate for defenses, the above are unbuilt only because we lack the materials for them, mainly Nuts and Bolts.

Heck, we've even been told to upgrade our homes to House now. This will probably be the highest level of upgrade we'll be allowed to get because the next upgrade will require an Old Door, which isn't worth it. An Old Door in the Bank gives us 8 defense points currently, but the upgrade will only give the town a single additional defense point.

Of course there are further upgrade levels that will eventually give the town 20 defense points but we don't have enough concrete for those.

If we survive today's major spike, it's going to be easy tomorrow because the estimate is between 2275 and 2500.

2922 points, 2972 to 3219 zombies. Things aren't looking good.

Hopefully it won't hit 3200 zombies tonight. I'm guessing we'll end up with only about 2950 defense points, so at 3200 there will be 250 zombies entering the town. With 32 of us, that's an average of 8 zombies each.

Unfortunately the number of zombies attacking each of us is going to be random, so 8 will only be the median number. At that point, the Home Defense points will work their magic. At the moment I have 6 points, so there is more than 50% chance that they will overcome my defenses and kill me.

If we have 3100 zombies coming tonight, that's 150 coming in, or about 5 per person. I have a slightly higher chance of surviving then.











Things to do tomorrow:

- Bring back my PC.
- Reinstall everything.

Yep, that's going to occupy me for one whole day.

Fortunately Firefox 4 has this Sync function which I believe will allow me to transfer all the bookmarks to the desktop. This set of bookmarks is actually an older version of the one in the older desktop which was transferred to the new desktop, so it's like a skeleton of it, plus I added some more in the last few days.





THEN BRINK AND WITCHER 2!!!  RAWR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment