Monday 23 May 2011

Rant 783 / The General Consensus Among The People I've Asked Is That I Don't Look Like A Local

After we were done with the Big Rebuild, apparently we no longer have anything more to build except upgrade our homes to Shacks. Other things we can do are to scavenge for Defensive Objects and convert logs and scrap metals.

Which means things are about to get really interesting.

We currently have 2356 defense points. Tonight's estimate is between 2298 and 2461. Though we're 105 points short, we'll get an additional 49 points from the 4th level Upgradeable Wall that we will get tonight plus a bit more from the residents' newly built Shacks. At worst, they could also get some temporary defenses up.

Tomorrow is going to be very tricky. The estimate is between 2950 and 3225. In other words, we'll be needing an additional 750 points or so. The next and final upgrade on the Upgradeable Wall will only provide us with an additional 61 points.

All the temporary defenses will only add an extra 210 points.

If we build all the other structures that aren't worth their materials, including those that require water (Water Turrets and Water Minefield), it will only add 175 points on top of the above.

I have a very bad feeling about this.














Best scene begins at 0:45.











I have seen blind people before, both in real life and on various media, but I've never had to interact with one.

Which was why it got kinda awkward when I encountered this blind receptionist at this office where I had to drop off some documents.

When I got to the lobby, I just told her which department the papers were for, placed it on top of the counter and waited for her to slide it to herself. When she placed her hand in the receiving pose (like how you shape your hand when someone is handing papers or money to you) and didn't move, I looked at her and waited.

I was puzzled about why she just sat there looking down and waited for me to put it into her hand. Was she that busy with just her right hand?

It took me about two seconds to realize that the reason she wasn't looking at me was not because her small eyes were looking downward, but because she was blind and had her eyes closed.

Immediately my knee-jerk reaction was to say, "Oh," before I could stifle it, and I quickly placed the papers between her finger and thumb.

Then for reasons I still do not comprehend, she apologized.

Does being blind offend people or something? That would be so sad.

Anyway I wonder what the other receptionist was thinking and whether she was looking at us the whole time. I wasn't looking at her and she appeared busy when I entered.











Good. The pageviews are dropping. I was getting uncomfortable with the sudden attention. Who knows what is bringing all the traffic?




Down to 429 yesterday. I expect it to go below 350 today, then eventually back to 100-150.












Oh hey, there's an Indian restaurant that's offering delivery service to my area!

Khansama. I've never tried it before but it looks interesting. Free delivery for orders above S$50. Not very hard judging from the inflated prices on the menu.

Then again, it might be worth the price.

I don't know. I don't recall the prices from the Indian restaurants opposite of Beauty World. The other one I've tried recently is the one at the basement of Sim Lim Square where the briyani goes for $5.

The rice at the latter was much inferior to the former.

But for Khansama, just the plain briyani rice alone goes for $5.50 and the chicken briyani is priced at $9.50.

The most interesting thing about this brand is that they're offering weekday buffet lunch at $9.90 at the outlets near my home.

But it's only for weekdays :(

...

According to some people who have tried the buffet before, it has a very tiny selection. Basically it's just rice, naan, a few vegetable dishes and one or two meats. My guess is it's just something to get people to order from the ala carte menu.

The ala carte menu apparently is pretty good, eg the butter chicken. One of them also tried the Sikandari Raan which is "whole leg of lamb marinated in yogurt , spices and fresh lime juice and baked in charcoal oven for two hours" and said it was good, but it had to be pre-ordered.










Not playing LoL till I get my desktop back and they haven't called back yet. I'll call them after my last paper tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment