Tuesday 17 May 2011

Rant 779 / It's Only Been Less Than Four Months!

So I gave up. Within an hour of booting up, the PC stopped responding. Mouse and capslock worked fine, but everything I tried to open stopped responding as if the computer was busy.

After 10mins, I hit the reset button. On the boot screen, I apparently have no drives in the computer. No hard disk and not even the DVD drive.

Unplugged and replugged both drives, pressed all the connectors to make sure they were all properly plugged in. Nope. It couldn't boot into Windows. During the several reboots, it seemed to be randomly detecting drives. Sometimes there's the DVD drive, sometimes there's both the DVD drive and one of the HDDs, and sometimes just the HDDs.

Fuck it.

Put it into the box it came in and carried it to Sim Lim Square.

Then the guy at the back of Bell (the shop I bought it from) said the technician was on holiday (Vesak Day today, public holiday). Not surprised but annoyed nonetheless. Left my computer and trolley there after they took down my name, phone number and invoice number.

He said the technician would call me. Means I'll have to wait for someone to call. Means I can't wake up late.

Speaking of calls, why is HX's phone giving me random calls?


By the way, I just got a copy of Witcher 2 and Brink.














So all 3 games I've played against people in League of Legends so far ended in the opponents conceding.

Is this a good sign or is this a good sign?

...

Make that 4 now. What is going on? How can I be this lucky to get such good teammates?



Seriously. As you can see, my k/d/a ratios aren't even that good.

Okay, finally a game in which the enemies didn't successfully concede. Well, they were voting at the end and had only 3 "yes" votes, which was 1 vote short of the 4 they needed. Don't have a screenshot so I can't prove it. I was feeding (12/13/13) near the end but our Jax was good.

12/13/13 shows how aggressive (and successful, fortunately) I am. Hence I need good teammates to avoid being too much of a burden to my team. Ergo I have good teammates.











My bro felt like trying The Shepherd's Pie and my mum wanted to try a real pie (as real as it gets without being homemade anyway) so we ordered one.

Only picked the Classic Beef because we had other things ready for dinner already. Yes it wasn't necessary but they both felt like having pie, so whatever.

$23.90. $2-6 delivery charge ($5 in my case) and an extra $1 public holiday surcharge (yea, it's on their website but buried in some corner of it).

It was pretty good. Filling. A third of the pie would be enough for most people. Half if they're starving.

Comes in a 9" by 9" aluminium foil tray. Top layer consists of over an inch of mash potato, followed by a thin layer of cheese and the bottom is a mix of beef and a bit of corn about an 1.5cm thick.

Good for 4-6 people my ass. 6 is only if they're all women trying to maintain their figures. Or if they're babies. 4 would be average.

The strange thing about this is that online ordering is not available for same-day deliveries. If you want it within the day, you have to call them. Not a problem but it's just weird.

Not filling enough for the price but it's a new experience.









So according to my calculations in Die2Nite, my town has about 18 days remaining at most. We currently have 147 units of water left, plus another 140 if we fully upgrade our water pump. Our water consumption rate is 17 assuming the 34 of us follow our water schedules strictly.

287 / 17 = 16.88

After that, we have 1 more day to get the condition of Thirsty and another day to become Dehydrated. Once we reach 2300 hours while Dehydrated, we die.

Since half of us will stop drinking earlier than the other half, that half will have 1 day less. But that's somewhat offset by the "0.88", which really means 15 units of water. This means 2 will die a day earlier than everyone else. The other 15 will live the longest and get 19 days.

Hence "about 18 days".












:3

Episode 3 is taking so long only because it's unable to escape from the gravitational field of Gabe Newell.

No comments:

Post a Comment