Tuesday 3 May 2011

Rant 772 / I Shave With A Lightsaber.

It's funny how the Americans are mostly against the death penalty, and yet they wanted Osama bin Laden dead. Just look at how they rejoiced at the news that he's finally killed.

A crowd gathered outside the White House to celebrate, chanting, "USA, USA."

What's the difference between his death and an execution, other than the absence of a proper (lol) trial?

Life is so full of ironies.









Somehow Fallout: New Vegas doesn't have as many interesting locations to explore despite having more labelled areas on the map. Or maybe I'm just not as interested.









So some weeks ago we were having a mosquito problem which we suspect was caused by renovation works in a neighbouring unit. They were probably squatting illegally in that apartment and got evicted by the workers, so they decided to come to our bathrooms and kitchen instead.

Pesticide wasn't working very well since they kept coming and the UV light bug trap my bro got on his gf's request some time before wasn't very effective either.

But in the end they were gone, probably because they didn't have a place to breed anymore.

Then, you know what? I just found this mosquito repellent among some of my old stuff that I had left in a box. It's the sort that you plug into an electric outlet and requires refills (and there was one in the same box).

Now it's useless.

I was actually going through the box because I needed to clear some of my old stuff after the painters moved our stuff around and didn't put them all back in their original locations. It was a little messier than before, so I decided I might as well see what I could throw away to tidy things up.

I still have 2 boxes of stuff to clear, mostly papers and textbooks from my secondary school and JC days.

Yea I know, the painters have been gone for 2 weeks or so IIRC, but I practically have a Ph.D in Procrastination.









So who gets the bounty on Osama bin Laden's head? That's a whopping 25 million USD, so it's actually a pretty big question.

Unfortunately it was the Navy Seals that got him. If US contract laws are anything like their British (and hence, Singapore) counterparts, then the American government just managed to save that entire sum of money. Good for them, they probably needed that money anyway.

This is because hunting and killing Osama are already part of the duties of the Navy Seals. You cannot have a contract with a government employee to do something that's part of his job, therefore you can't pay him/her for that.

Taking up that offer and then claiming the reward after killing him would mean a contract is in existence, even if it's not in black and white with signatures at the bottom. This cannot exist legally, ergo the government can't legally pay whoever fired the fatal shot.










I've come up with this theory that it may be one of the antivirus programmes that may be causing the BSODs. Today a popup from Windows told me it may be that my antivirus is outdated and needs to be updated.

There was also another BSOD earlier this morning which differed from the previous ones because apparently, it was "fltmgr.sys" that caused it. Upon googling this, I learnt that I should check the event viewer to find disk errors, which may point to a hard disk problem.

But what I found was that drivers were being prevented from loading.

This sounds like something Outpost would do.

So now I've disabled and closed Outpost completely. Let's see if the computer will crash again.


Similarly for my mum's PC, upon checking the Event Viewer I found plenty of errors involving the printer's driver. I downloaded and installed a new Control Center for the Brother printer and now I'm waiting to see if it crashes again.








Played Kayle again. Every second game I play as Kayle on Easy bots (been doing that to farm IPs), I get pointless buddy invites. I said, "pointless" because it never goes any further. None of them ever invite me for games and I never see them in another game again.

I have no idea why they bother at all.

Finally bought Mordekaiser. 19 IPs left. Next goal: farm IP to buy HP and HP regen runes.


Also tried Sion since it's free this week. It's really not my style. Not enough damaging abilities and nothing to disable enemies. Great tank though.









It's time I take out my not-so-recently bought 1TB Western Digital My Book Essential. Apparently when it says "back up" my computer, it means copying over all the "My Pictures", "My Documents" and all those folders I don't use.

:\

Another thing I just found out is that this new one is My Book Essential Edition 2.0 while the one I've been using all along is just My Book Essential. Difference? Free software (not trial like in the older one) and USB 3.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment