Friday 20 May 2011

Rant 781 / Dem Bewbie Physics In PS2 Games

So an online store is giving away 4 games for free to each of the first 10k people who register at its website.

Unfortunately, I've got to be from the UK to get the good set that includes Medieval II: Total War Gold Edition - Condemned: Criminal Origins - Alpha Protocol - The Club.

The bad set is just Sonic racing games.

And I couldn't just fake it by using the UK address given to me by VPost because I've got to appear in 192.com as a person above the age of 18.

They get their names from official records like birth records.

Can't fake those unless I use an actual British guy's name and that would be identity fraud. I'm not going to commit such a serious crime for a few games.












Oh wow I just discovered a new function in Firefox 4. When I right-click on my tabs, I can choose "Pin as App Tab" to keep it pinned on the left side of the bar without the X button so that I won't accidentally close it.

This is useful since I keep a few tabs open all the time, like Wikipedia.











Bell's different from Fuwell, I guess. Back when I used to frequent Fuwell, the technician would either fix my PC within 2 days or they would tell me they couldn't find the problem and that it's possible they never would.

Bell hasn't called me today. I assume he's planning to search for the problem for another day or two before giving up and calling me. Presumably he's just letting the PC run without doing anything as part of the test since I told him the problem was random.

Honestly, I would mind if he'd install games or programmes on it and use it constantly as part of the test. As long as they can fix my PC and I don't get arrested for anything, I don't really care what they do with it.

No games for me now.

The best is LoL but even this game makes my laptop burn my hand within a single round.

Another game I have here is Mount & Blade: Warband, but this laptop can barely handle it. It can run but there's always some graphics lag and distortion.

Finally, I have Deathspank but I'm not in the mood for action RPGs, regardless of their humour.












Snake? SNAKE? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!






Nyanyanya - Bollywood style.












I just came up with the likeliest explanation for this spike: summer.

It's the same reason why 4chan is more active and it's the same reason why Vidyavidya is having more "newfriends".










Just had the worst PvP game in LoL so far. Most of the team, other than our carry in the middle lane, had no balls.


Only 5 assists because my teammates couldn't attack unless they were sure to win, again except for our carry, Caitlyn.

They hang back and play defensively while the opposite team were pushing so hard. Best advice given in the game was from our Veigar who, halfway through the game, told the team to split up and cover the three lanes after we had regrouped at the middle lane and survived one battle.

Shouldn't we push on after the five of us wins a battle together in one lane?

Maybe it's just me, but it was rather annoying when they refused to help me when I attack. It's true they had outleveled us by 1-3 levels by the time we had 5v5 fights but that's no excuse for running away with full HP.

As I've said before, I need good teammates to help me because I attack too aggressively. It's not like I have a choice - Moredekaiser's defence is his offence! Damaging enemies with my abilities gives me Armour points which act like temporary HP. The catch is that my Armour bar degrades by 3% per second, so I have to keep attacking to maintain it.

The importance of protecting my HP isn't just because I need it to stay alive like everyone else, but also because all my abilities cost HP to cast.

Hence I must be aggressive or I'd be useless.



Still, 6 kills and 15 deaths. I sucked badly in this game.

I kept pushing and pushing and my teammates just hung back and presumably cheered for me in their hearts (because, hey, we've got to be optimistic in life, right?). So many enemies won with such low HPs and at the same time, so many of my allies survived with like half HP and still ran back.

2 consecutive losses.

I sadden.










I've met a number of people who were ignorant of why many Scandinavian countries like Sweden are so wealthy today.

Here's why.












But... but.. I don't have my PC back yet!! I haven't even tried Witcher 2 yet! Will I get my computer by tomorrow so that I'll have one day to play it?












Rewatched Diamonds are Forever. Y'know, the James Bond film from the Sean Connery era. Lana Wood and Jill St John were hawt!

I think it's mainly because of the bad quality of the film used in those days. The blurriness hides a lot of details that would have been visible today.

By the time 3D films become the norm, I'd say real natural beauties are going to be rarer than diamonds.

Ignoring the piles of diamonds that certain companies are hoarding in massive underground vaults, that is.











Ordered pies again. Wanted the Lamb Special but it was sold out. Ended up with Teriyaki Chicken and Classic Beef (again).

Nothing that tastes like Teriyaki Chicken in the former. At best, I can only say it's sweet and it contains chicken.

Still good though. It's just like the Classic Beef in terms of ingredients other than the chicken and the additional carrot cubes.

Also, I might have been slightly mistaken the last time. The mash potato is only an inch thick, no more. It appeared thicker only because it kinda smeared into the meat when I cut into it.













I don't think I've ever run barefoot outdoors before.











So the Portal 2 turrets are now a reality!

Behold the Portal Turret, or, thanks to the recent release of Portal 2, the Portal Turret Version 1.0, aka "Classic." This cute little fella stands 38 inches high and while it doesn't actually move or open fire on hostiles, it does sport a working, rather creepy-looking laser eye and a motion sensor that triggers the famous Portal turret audio clips. It operates on either battery or AC power and there's even a little button that overrides the motion detector and plays the Portal theme song instead!

If only it plays instead the voice of this turret.

No comments:

Post a Comment