Sunday 26 September 2010

Rant 629 / Soups

Being a girl must suck. Other than their monthly periods, they also can't just take off their tops when the weather gets hot.

Then again, it's not a bad thing for a woman to be described using masculine terms while the reverse isn't true.

Thought of this when I looked into my bro's room just now. He had his shirt off but she was wearing a top. Since it should be safe to assume she was also wearing underwear, it must get pretty hot for her.











Dead Rising 2 isn't a good PC game. Maybe it would feel like a better game on consoles, but right now I find it painful to play on the PC.

The biggest issue is the controls. When I hit the back key (S) I don't want the character to turn around! It makes my movement really awkward since I'm used to the usual controls that doesn't make my guy do a 180 when all I want is to make him walk backwards.

Another is the sound. Why are all the voices so soft and why is the control for the voice volume not available at all? I turn my PC's sound volume to the max, and I could barely hear the people talking!

Also, I hate deadlines. It's a personal thing, so it's not the game's fault. I have to feed the daughter some meds once a day and I have to find these meds which are apparently not widely available, so I have scavenge for them all the time.

Fourth is the attack. It takes time for him to recover after swinging his weapons. I know it's supposed to help improve the realism but the fact that I can turn 360 degrees mid-swing contradicts this idea.

I think I'll delete the game even though I'm a fan of zombie stories.













Found an interesting thing I never knew about in Windows Vista. Other than the usual Firewalls menu we can find in the Control Panel, there is a more complicated set of options of it that can be found in the Adminstrative Tools in the Control Panel.


Through this menu, you can block specific programmes from accessing the Internet or specific connections from accessing your computer. The exceptions list in the usual Firewall menu doesn't block outgoing connections.












My burger patties were too dry. I made 4 chicken and 4 beef patties, kept half in the freezer and cooked half for dinner.

I might have baked them for too long.

The chicken also had a little too much seasoning, ie pepper and salt.

I added some dried basil but I couldn't tell the difference.

The beef patties of course tasted beefier than those found in the supermarket but it was dry even though I covered the patties in a little oil before baking, which would have made it similar to being fried.

This gives me a rough idea how incredibly fatty those pre-made beef patties must be. They don't drip oil but they don't feel dry even when I over-bake them by 10mins.

Next time I'll just fry them on the pan.










Quitted BTO just now. Found out I've been forgetting to renew contracts of my employees and accidentally lost the only red employee I got a few weeks ago. Like I've said before, there is almost no chance of me getting one, so this is a pretty big deal. Left the game, removed the bookmarks.













This is a strange problem. I have 6 rechargeable batteries - 2 NiMH 2000mAh AA batteries and 4 2450mAh ones. I usually keep the 2000mAh batteries in my camera and the rest in a small bag that was probably designed to hold a handphone.

The trouble is that the 4 batteries keep going flat do quickly. I know they discharge slowly over time, but the last time I went out, they went flat in an hour or two before I had even used them.

I did recharge them for 2-3 hours (10 hours for full recharge for brand new ones), so the two pairs should have enough juice to last at least an hour since I remember they used to last like 3-5 hours when I first bought them.

The 2000mAh ones were close to flat with enough energy for less than 5 minutes.

So I was very surprised when they couldn't squeeze out enough energy to turn on the camera when I put a pair of the 2450mAh ones in. It's like my bag sucked out the stored energy.

This handphone bag I'm using to store them doesn't contain metal except for the zip on top. There's no way both ends of any of the batteries could touch it at the same time, so how did they discharge??

Right now I'm testing them. I charged them for 4 hours and now I'm using 2 of them to power my camera which is just sitting under my monitor and wasting energy. It's been over 30mins and it's still not giving me the low-battery sign. Therefore, the batteries are not dead due to old age yet.

So logically, it must be the bag.

If nylon can even cause them to discharge electricity, I'd have been shocked when I held it and placed it in my bag. And nylon definitely does not conduct electricity since it's a plastic.

Hmm... asked my mum to confirm it's nylon. So yea, it shouldn't be the cause.

Maybe I should dump the other these batteries from my camera into the bag for a while.

...

Nope. Placed them in the bag, flinged it around, shook it, replaced them in the camera and they're still working fine.

I'm confused and a little frustrated. Not totally pissed because I won't have to fork out more money to buy new batteries yet.

Still, why?

That was not the first time I took them out only to find them to be completely flat. The other time I found them flat, I figured it was because I hadn't recharged them for a week.

I think I'll get another bag.

As for now, I'll just wait for all of them to go completely flat to give them a proper recharge.

...

About 3 hours now. This pair finally went flat. The other pair stored in the bag is working fine. So... it's really not the bag?

Maybe it's the charger or the multiplug I plugged it into. But both worked just now.

















This may be one of the most stunning facts about Oblivion. I had never seen a single outhouse or bathrooms anywhere in the game, yet there were so many sewer tunnels t explore.













I thought things were calming down in Mexico but apparently it's getting so bad the journalists can't cover anything, hence the absence of news. The local journalists are getting threatened by the drug cartels and the foreign journalists fear for their own lives when they try to find anything there.

It looks like a war zone, the way journalists can't just go in and get stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment