Sunday 19 September 2010

Rant 621 / Invasion Of The Ants

I was wrong. Heroes of Newerth on Garena is completely free to play after beta. Only for SEA players on Garena is this game free of charge.

$30 fee was for the international version which we can no longer play due to IP bans. People from SEA who have paid that amount are now compensated with a few months of Garena Gold membership.

Join me and suck at it now! My id is senor_hybrido and I'm usually not on because I only play 1-2 games a day :P. I go in, get pwned, deflate ego, learn humility, exit game and then play something else. Once or twice per day. It's a healthy habit in a way.










Frickin hell! Ants invading my bathroom again! This time, things are different.

I first noticed them going around my basin. These ants are twice the size of those that I used to see in my room long ago, which made them a little more alarming. Ants in my room! I haven't seen that in months!

I keep my room clean mostly by keeping an eye out constantly for ants, a bottle of insecticide in my room and scrubbing my feet on the rag-mat outside my door every time I enter the room. These have kept my room ant-free so far, until today.

These ants came from a hole through my bathroom wall where the air-conditioners' drainage pipes go through. The water from them has to go somewhere, and in my home it is piped to my bathroom's drain.

These ants were coming out of the hole, up to and around my basin to my bottle of mouthwash. This is not the first time I've seen ants attracted to my Listerine mouthwash, but an entire trail of them trying to improve their oral hygiene at my expense? Never.

First came the insecticide. I didn't care if a little got sprayed onto my toothbrush and toothpaste. Extra spraying for the hole. I think I held the button down in front of the hole for like 2 seconds. All ants must go.

Second, I placed the bottle under the running tap as the cavity-free ants with a great refreshing breath tried evacuate from under the bottle cap. They didn't get into the bottle, but obviously a little of the mouthwash must have ended up around the rim. All ants must go.

Third was the rinsing. I turned off the tap, turned on the shower and sprayed everything with the shower head. Didn't try to rinse the hole since that's a special zone. Soap for the toothbrush to remove any oily feel on it. Dead and dying ants were washed down to the floor and swept to the drain. I even bent down to inspect the floor under the basin and the path of water flow to the drain. All ants must go.

Fourth was the complaint to the rest of the family that I'm getting an ant invasion in case they could come up with something I didn't think of. My mum told me I could get a straw to spray insecticide deeper into the hole. That reminded me of the tiny plastic tube that came with some insecticides, but I couldn't find any. But all ants must go.

Fifth was the spraying with the straw. Made sure the straw was on the hole of the sprayer and its other end was inside the hole in the wall. Must have held it there for 3 seconds or so, shifting it around so that the entire wall around hole could receive the wholesome goodness of Baygon. All ants must go.

Noticed the straw felt cold as the spray of insecticide blew through it. Didn't expect that although I should have.

I'm worried a few may have entered my room. So I'm repacking all food that aren't packaged properly, like a bar of chocolate that I haven't finished. I merely re-wrapped it with the excess foil it was already wrapped in.













Yarrrr! Today is the International Talk like a Pirate Day, a Pastafarian holiday. Shiver me timbers!













So now there's a new kind of spam email. I've receiving those spam comments on my blog which are promptly deleted by the posters probably, since I never find them when I check on the rants those comments were posted on. However, these comments trigger emails to my inbox which includes the entire messages posted (and deleted).

They're always posted anonymously. Now I'm considering unchecking the email notification option.

No comments:

Post a Comment