Tuesday 21 September 2010

Rant 624 / Unseen, Unheard.

So I found this wiki on Starcraft 2 by Team Liquid. Team Liquid is probably the best known Brood War clan (and now SC2) in the Western world whose website is the biggest in the Starcraft community.

This wiki is very useful for reading up on the strategies and build orders often mentioned by the casters in the tournaments. As a noob at this game, this is helping me understand much better what Artosis and Tasteless are talking about during the TG-Intel Open games.














And they thought increasing maternity and paternity leave was going to raise birth rates.













Watching High School of the Dead, an anime about zombies. As usual, it revolves around high school student because of this pan-Japanese fetish for unrealistically proportioned teenage girls.

Set in some random town in Japan, some kid skipped lesson and witnessed a guy banging on the locked school gates. Some teachers went to handle the matter, got bitten and turned into zombies themselves. This is followed by panic and finally everyone became zombies except for a few survivors.

There are two main features in this anime - zombies and panties. No I don't mean sexy zombies in lacy panties. This anime seems to be banking on gratuitous shots of female undies to attract an audience in case the zombie theme doesn't draw enough attention.

In the first episode, I'm looking at some girl's underwear every ten seconds. If I wanted to get horny I'd look at actual hentai. This weird mixture of sexiness and gory violence is similar to turning a light switch on and off repeatedly, unless you get turned on by blood and heads getting bashed in. It's confusing.













Today I found something that really surprised me. While trying to find a way to change my fonts on this blog, I stumbled upon the Stats tab. I've never noticed it because I've never looked at that area of the screen when I'm on this page ever since I found out how useless the Monetize tab is for me.

Apparently I'm getting a whole lot more views than I thought. Here are the stats, which include my own page views.


In the above screenshot, you can see that I'm getting over 50 page views per day, 5-10 of which may be mine.

You see, I've always had this preconception that only some of my friends read my blog and that should only amount to 5-10 views per day at the very most. Over 50 views? If my estimations are correct more than half the views here are by people I don't know at all. Although lots of people may have stumbled over this blog as they googled for images and stuff, I'm not sure if every single one of these strangers arrived here for this reason.

The majority of the traffic came from the above sources. How much? That I don't know.


Interestingly, most of the readers probably heed my advice and use Firefox when viewing this blog. Also, since 14th Sep there were 12 views from Singapore, of which almost all must be mine and leaving 1-2 for others.

The overwhelming majority of my visitors are from the US, which is unexpected because no American I know is aware of this blog. Like I've said before, I do not mention my blog in conversations. I'm guessing they were mostly searching for 4chan stuff, like my WTF images.

And the next screenshot explains quite a bit.

So most people come here to find out about Zalgo and my comics I made long ago. The only post I typed this year that made it to the top 10 is the one about Mass Effect 2.

So the post on Zalgo is still relatively popular today even though the fad has long since died AFAIK. As for Rant 167, I'm really not sure why it's popular. The Fucking sign isn't really that special IMO.


Even right now people from 4 countries are visiting my blog as I type.

This really changes my idea of how interconnected the world is via the Internet. Even when the blog is silent, there are still people here.

More interestingly,

The 1 count on Rant 622 is mine because I was testing something. Apparently, of the 6 pageviews in the previous screenshot, only 2 were looking at specific rants by going directly to those rants' pages. The other 4 were not. Images or front page, I cannot tell.

Also, the numbering is different because I just found a minor numbering error.

No comments:

Post a Comment