Monday 20 September 2010

Rant 622 / IT'S FOR MY TEETH!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

More ants! This time, they came from another point of entry!

Again, I found them busy gargling on my Listerine on my basin. I then traced them to the back of my cistern next to it. I got angry and sprayed everything with water first, then Baygon. Then I looked around and found more on my toilet bowl. So I sprayed that area too. Finally I found some running towards a tiny hole between the wall tiles and a wire cover near the ceiling.

I believe that's the new entrance after I covered the previous one with copious amounts of Baygon. They must have entered from there, went down to the pipes, followed them to the cistern and from there to the basin.

Of course I can't spray the wire cover with my shower head; I'm attempting pesticide, not suicide. But I went crazy with Baygon, holding it about 30cm away from the spot for about 3s before going downwards slowly following the path the ants took.

When I was done, the bathroom was slightly misty and everything felt a little oily. But I was not finished yet. I absolutely cannot risk ants entering my room if I can help it, not after experiencing what it is like to have ants on my bed at night.

After searching around my home for more pesticide because I recall seeing my mum buy those tiny packets of poison pellets designed specially for ants, I couldn't find them and settled for insect repellent. I still have one bottle from the last trip to Malaysia, so I sprayed it generously around my cistern, on the wire cover and the what used to be the ants' path down, around my bathroom door and again around the first hole where it all began earlier in the day.

All that spraying was probably going to cause an overdose of some sort in me, so I decided to leave instead of checking some more. My eyes were beginning to sting a tiny bit too, which helped me come to that decision quickly.

So now my room, despite closing the door, is filled with the smell of the insect repellent. It doesn't stink and gives my room a sort of somewhat nice smell that reminds me of the jungle. Better that than the smell of Baygon. I will have to clean my toothbrush thoroughly tomorrow, or maybe even get a new one. Good thing I also keep my mug upside down after brushing my teeth so that water doesn't collect at the bottom, so I don't have to worry about it now.

Still, if they come in one more time to steal my Listerine, I think I will freak out. IT'S FOR MY TEETH! MINE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment