Saturday 25 September 2010

Rant 628 / Anti-Morning

Another person writes on how gamers will survive a global apocalyptic event. I typed a rant on this theme and even did a speech on it in TMC long ago, though I used very different games and ideas. Those mentioned in this article are all casual Flash games or similar stuff.













a Fruit Dealer aka Cool aka Ki Kim Won beat his opponent OgsTOP in the round of 16, making his way to the Round of 8. The last remaining Zerg in the tournament, he's probably the favourite of all the Zerg players who watch this series.

I couldn't catch it live on Friday due to classes, so I had to watch the replay. Discovered that only the first game is free to watch and the rest requires payment, so I had to miss the next two games.

The first game was already mind-blowing. The most stunning blow came when a Fruit Dealer lost his entire army... only for the caster to check his build queue and find FIFTEEN Ultralisks about to be completed. I was like "HOLY SHIT!" Seven were completed first and those seven steamrolled TOP's army like an elephant stampede. When they were finally wiped in TOP's main base, the rest were sent and TOP soon surrendered.

FIFTEEN ULTRALISKS SIMULTANEOUSLY!

Even the casters couldn't do anything but laugh when they were trashing TOP's main. Personally I was laughing in shock too even though I knew I was not watching it live. I totally didn't expect that sort of brute force.

So the final Zerg player in this series is ready for the Round of 8, which is going to happen on the coming Tuesday, the 28th of September. After that will be the Semi-Finals spread over 2 days, followed by the Final match on the coming Saturday, the 2nd of October.

The best thing is that I have no classes next week because the tutor for the only class I'm attending now is going overseas for some important event. Of course I still have assignments but they have no set time slots, only deadlines ending in the coming week.













Civilization 5 is an educational game. You can actually learn a bit of history just by playing. For example, one of the nations I can choose to play as in Civ 5 is Siam (now Thailand), and the leader is King Ram Khamhaeng, who's supposed to be a great leader of Siam.

I picked this guy for my first game for his abilities that I can understand right from the beginning, like his bonus in food and culture production.

The real Ram Khamhaeng the Great ruled in the late 13th century when the country was still called the Sukhothai Kingdom, a land that had broken off from the great Khmer Empire. He's known to have invented the Thai alphabet and the guy who made Buddhism the main religion of that part of the world. Apparently not much else is known about this guy despite being called "the Great".

Another thing about Civ 5 is that now all the rulers speak their native languages. Fortunately there are subtitles too, so we aren't screwed in diplomacy.

I don't know a single Russian word and neither do I know how to type Cyrillic alphabets.













So today I finally went to the Cold Storage at Holland V after such a long time. No parma ham. She told me right away the parma ham hasn't arrived yet for this week and they were out of stock. Frickin hell. Are they having some kind of pig flu in Italy or something?

Fortunately there's still the pre-sliced and packaged ones, so she told me I could get those instead. Of course I got those instead.

This time I also bought minced chicken. They don't sell minced meat at Shop N Save in my neighbourhood other than pork so I have to go to a supermarket further away for minced beef and chicken. 2 packets of minced beef and a packet of minced chicken. Lots of burgers incoming!

The other things that I bought because they are unavailable here are smoked salmon, brie and salami. Only 1 packet of each; I'm not rich.













WHAT!? Anson Wong only got 6 months jail??!

I think this makes sense. He might have gave the Malaysian police this tip in exchange for leniency. I wouldn't be surprised if the guys who were caught were his business rivals, unless he was desperate enough to betray his own people.













Tried to make 10 new FB accounts after reactivating 10 of my 20 other emails I used once before. It seems FB stops users from making too many accounts at a time by making them enter their phone numbers to send them either a text message or an automated call in order to activate the account.

So now I have only 3 new FB accounts which have each other as friends. Need 10 to activate some freebies in BTO.

But wait... TOR!

Testing...

It works!

My fourth account is done! Fifth coming up!

Finally, 10 accounts done.













Civ 5 is really eating my system resources. I'm playing with 9 AIs and it's lagging a little even though most of my video settings are at medium or low.

No comments:

Post a Comment