Wednesday 26 May 2010

Rant 553 / Just As Planned

My usual way of dealing with enemies sieging castles belonging to my faction is to siege their castles to pull them away. I'll then run when they arrive and repeat till the AI gets tired of running to and fro. This time though, I was unable to reach any of the castles in time (tried save and reload) so I had to attack them head-on. Fortunately, I met Sultan Hakim along the way and found Emir Deglan wandering about wanting to defend the castle but didn't have the numbers. So I asked him to follow me in my kamikaze strike against the united armies of the Rhodok kingdom.




2 lords on my side, 8 lords on theirs. Of course, my Sultan is worth at least 2 lords, so that's like 4v8 here.


Numerically speaking, I'm fucked. But if we lose Reindi Castle, my faction would lose a rather strategic central position on the map.



Miraculously, we won! It took 3 reloads but it was worth it. The second reload was sooooooo frustrating because I had halved their army before getting myself knocked unconscious. Subsequently my army was wiped out due to my absence and I had to reload.



The Sultan lost... only 2 men and 3 more were wounded including himself. He sacrificed himself as a decoy so that I could lance the crap out of 5 of the enemy Counts.


The Emir lost 5 men and had 8 wounded. Like Hakim, he was a great decoy. As you can see, he captured more than enough prisoners (53) to make up for his losses, unlike Hakim. Then again, Hakim only lost 2 men.


As for me, I lost 4 men and had 11 wounded, most of them my companions. I think it's because I gave them all Coursers and polearms and the AI sucked at lancing enemies. Managed to capture 4 Counts though. The Noyan was from a previous battle with the Khergit.



These are my settings. I'm not a hardcore player so 50% difficulty is enough. Challenging enough for me.













Just received the pink card that I need to have to collect my new passport. Apparently when you renew your passport online via APPLES you're basically applying for a new one. It certainly doesn't make much sense because it's S$10 cheaper to do this compared to going there to get a renewal stamp on your old one ($70 vs $80). Weird.













Also received my first debit card. It's a DBS Visa Platinum, which has few perks and no annual fees. I like it solely for the complete absence of fees I'd have to pay regularly. So now that it's in my hands, I've just found out that I'll need to convert my thumbprint into a signature in my passbook in order to activate this card with a signature.

If I don't do this I'll never be able to use this card by signing. Should have just gone to the bank to get this card. Didn't know this. I had expected something like emailing them a copy of my signature.












Yesterday I had received a rejection letter from NTU for my application for the BA Linguistics course. Today I've just got the acceptance letter from SIM for their BA Translation course. My second chance. Wonder what I will be doing with it.

Ugh, back to school in July. School.

You know, when I used to feel down during NS, especially when I got tortured by the poly and ITE guys, I'd recall my JC exam days and I would feel much better. "At least I'm not there," used to repeat in my mind all the time.

This is how much I hate studying.

But fuck life! I can't live in Singapore without a degree. Heck, I can't live the rest of my life without a degree. I feel like all my life I was being prepared to get one. It's like my primary objective. It doesn't matter what I do after that, seriously. My parents don't care about what comes after. I can't go on without that fuckin sheet of paper when everyone I know has one. Worse, one of my cousins has a degree in some kind of engineering plus a degree in economics and working at Wall Street. Another cousin has a PhD in some sort of history subject. Me, a pre-U diploma at 25. Fuck. Me.

Peer pressure, man. Fucking peer pressure.

Should I get a job? I don't need one. Maybe I do. Ugh. Money.

So I'm going to mug again for another 3 years. How the heck did I live life without games? Oh wait, I didn't.

For now, I'd say that everything is going just as I had predicted right from the part where I'd leave NTU if I had hung on the Mechanical Engineering to how I was sure I'd get a place in SIM. Not that the latter was hard to predict. People with far worse grades then mine have been accepted there. The only reason for doubt was that I took only Physics and 2 Maths subjects in pre-U while I applied for a Translation course.

Now I'm really curious about why people can't handle SIM courses. If they could take me in for a course I don't have a foundation for, they'd accept anyone, right?

So yeah, I'm a student again.

Is this good news? Yes of course! Is this bad news? Definitely. Fuck.








I like doing nothing and have nothing scheduled. I like life when all days melt together and I am no longer aware of whether it's Monday or Saturday. That's when I can do things on a whim and it doesn't matter if I make supper at 4am or drink espresso at 6pm.

I wonder if I will ever be able to live like this again.













Did you know...

... that Light Yagami's surname spelt backwards is "Im a gay"?

No comments:

Post a Comment