Sunday 9 May 2010

Rant 540 / Music Transcends Language And Cultural Barriers.



Looks like BP is hitting the Panic button pretty hard now. Covering the blown up oil well with a dome sounds more like something that come out of a fiction novel than an actual engineer's solution.

What's more? It didn't work. Apparently gases crystallized inside and clogged the pipe within. It's estimated they will take another 2 days to think of a new desperate solution. Desperate definitely because that dome sounded too much like a last resort.

An estimated twenty-five thousand barrels of crude oil is leaked per day under the sea since 20/04/10. By the end of today, BP will have lost five hundred thousand barrels, not to mention the damages to various seafood-related industries and wildlife refuges. Lots of ammo will be gained by environmentalists from this accident.












Tried the lyrics of Om Mangalam but I can't read Tamil and the English lyrics really don't help.














Just after I spent a fortune buying those 2 6k-denar books!












Some guy in Japan brought a scale to McDonald's to weigh his fries. He found his packet to be lighter than what was advertised by about 20g and he got extra fries for complaining about that.

Each french fry weighs 3 grams? 4? So he got 6-7 more fries for lugging a scale over. Wow. Obviously someone isn't watching enough anime and has too much free time.













So I've finally tried to court this lady who's the daughter and sister to 2 lords in the Sultanate. Thought it would be useful to have such a tie with 2 just by one marriage, and one of them is Emir Mundhalir who is sometimes the Marshal of the realm.

When my standing with Lady Yasmin hit 20 points, I asked Mundhalir for her hand. That's when trouble struck. The dowry is going to cost me a whopping 18100 denars. EIGHTEEN THOUSAND DENARS!

This is now a quest I must complete within 30 days. If I don't raise that 18k by then I don't know what will happen. 30 days is a long time, yes, but it's still a large sum of money.

Right now I have 14k, excluding the goods in my filled inventory. Shouldn't be too hard to hit 18k, but I need to have an extra 10k as seed capital after the marriage.

At least the Sultan gave me Halmar and Peshmi for hanging around during battles. When the battle was won I immediately had the idea of talking to the lords before they scattered. Good thing I did, because I managed to convince several of them to support me as the person to receive this newly conquered fief.

In the end I'm only earning about 200 denars more.

No comments:

Post a Comment