Monday 10 May 2010

Rant 541 / 750-Billion-Euro Morphine Shot

So a wife in Mount and Blade: Warbands is, in practice, your secretary. She shows you the contents of your safe and even helps to come up with ideas on how to improve your standing in the realm.

18k for this. Oh well, at least she's the daughter of one of the most powerful Emirs in the Sultanate.

Halmar is a big distraction though. It's a bloody frontier town that keeps getting sieges from anyone we have war with and the nearby town, Peshmi, gets raided ALL THE TIME! It's like there's a huge bullseye on the area that makes the town and village the number one target for all enemies.

The only good thing that comes with retaking the town is that the garrison gets refilled with over 20 Mamlukes, which is the Sultanate's version of knights, which is the game's heavy mounted melee unit. So I can switch my low-ranking infantry with these cavalry and make my army highly mobile. Too bad Mamlukes don't have lances. Apparently lances and mounts go together very well in this game.

Now that I've learnt so much about this game, I'm going to make a new character. This time, I'm not going to waste points of useless things like Engineering. Once I get this companion named "Artimmer" he can handle all that Engineering stuff since he starts with 4 points there.

Also, I'm going to ignore most of the Party skills since they stack when multiple companions have it. Just focusing on combat stuff and Personal skills.












Holy shit! 1 trillion dollars?? Weren't they considering 500million just yesterday? Apparently it worked! At least for now. Finally the EU is able make a swift and effective decision, especially after the Greek aid issue showed how fragmented it is.

EDIT: It's only been like 8 hours since I first read the above news and here's a new update that says the euro is slipping already. What the hell? 750,000,000,000 euros spent for an 8-hour high!












Replaying Mount & Blade, now with Trainer skill! My combat sucks but with good Riding skills and some points spent on Polearms, I'm now just zooming around killing people with my sharp lance.

Did you know that if your Lance Control in your option is set to Automatic, whenever your horse is going fast enough your lance will lower down by itself? If you aim properly and hit someone with the tip, it's almost always a 1-shot KO.

Fun! Not easy though. I can't just ram through a mass of soldiers because lancing someone stops slows down my horse. Therefore it's best to aim for stragglers or enemies at the edges of the crowd.

Properly done, it is possible to single-handedly take down entire armies. You just need luck, good Riding skills and a decent aim. Once I received a headshot from a javelin while riding at full speed and got KOed by that one hit, so luck is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment