Saturday 8 May 2010

Rant 539 / How To Have Glossy Plastic-like Skin In Oblivion?

Scientists are suggesting that ancient humans may have mated with Neanderthals. Oh man. What the heck? That's... disgusting, to say the least. I mean, I thought fucking chimpanzees was bad, but this... this is... well, not that surprising anymore actually, now that I think about it.












TWENTY-FOUR-DENAR WINE IN SUNO!














Since Colgando En Tus Manos is in Spanish, it's pretty hard for me to learn. I have to admit I got hooked, so that explains my interest. Fortunately I found the video below. Still not easy because I'm too used to English pronunciations. Luckily I can pronounce all the Spanish syllables, unlike German and French, so this video really helped.



This song may not be as awesome right from the beginning as Faint by Linkin Park, but it seems to sound better each time I hit the replay button. I can kind of understand the 49 million views now.

Learnt a little more Spanish from this song. The first two verses are very hard because they're so fast and I keep getting confused over the different pronunciations of the same syllables. For example Carlos seemed to pronounce "z" as "z", which is the South American way, while Martha pronounces it as "th", the Spanish Spanish way.

Is it even correct to say "Venezuela" as "Benethuela"? I can't really tell from the song but some Google results imply that it is.


If you're male and actually want to try, it's easier to mimic the original version of the song sang by Carlos alone. Its lyrics are different at the end though.



Lyrics copied directly from http://learningbysingingspanish.blogspot.com/2009/01/colgado-en-tus-manos-hanging-in-your.html

Colgando en tus manos (Hanging in your hands)

by Carlos Baute (Venezuela) Feat. Marta Sanchez (Spain)

Translation: Laura

Quiza no fue coincidencia encontrarme contigo
Maybe it was not a coincidence meeting you
Tal vez esto lo hizo el destino
Maybe this was made by destiny/fate
Quiero dormirme de nuevo en tu pecho
I want to fall sleep in your chest again
y despues me despierten tus besos
and afterwards your kisses will wake me up

Tu sexto sentido sueña conmigo
your sixth sense dreams of me
Sé que pronto estaremos unidos
I know that soon we will be united
Esa sonrisa traviesa que vive conmigo
That naughty smile that lives with me
Sé que pronto estare en tu camino
I know that soon I will be in your path

Estribillo 1 (refrain)
Sabes que estoy colgando en tus manos
You know that I am hanging in your hands
Asi que no me dejes caer
so, do not let me fall
Sabes que estoy colgando en tus manos
You know that I am hanging in your hands

Estribillo 2
Te envío poemas de mi puño y letra (1)
I send you poems in my own handwriting (written by me)
Te envío canciones de 4.40
I send you songs of 4.40 (2)
Te envío las fotos cenando en Marbella
I send you the photos of us having dinner in Marbella (3)
y cuando estuvimos por Venezuela
and when we were in Venezuela
Y asi me recuerdes y tengas presente
And so that you remember me and always have present (in mind)
Que mi corazón está colgando en tus manos
that my heart is hanging in your hands
Cuidado, cuidado
Careful, careful
Que mi corazon esta colgando en tus manos
That my heart is hanging in your hands

No perderé la esperanza de hablar contigo
I will not lose the hope of talking to you
No me importa qué dice el destino
I dont care about what fate might say
Quiero tener tu fragancia conmigo
I want to have your scent with me
y beberme de ti lo prohibido
and to drink from you what's forbiden

Refrain 1

Refrain 2

Cuidado, cuidado, mucho cuidado, cuidado
Careful, careful, be very careful, careful
No perderé la esperanza de estar contigo
I won't lose the hope of being with you
Cuidado, cuidado, mucho cuidado, cuidado
Careful, careful, very careful, careful
Quiero beberme de ti todo lo prohibido
I want to drink from you all that's forbiden
Cuidado, cuidado, mucho cuidado, cuidado
Careful, careful, very careful, careful
Quiero amanecer besando toda...
I want to wake up kissing (your) whole
toda tu ternura mi niña, mi vida te necesito
your whole tenderness, my girl, my life, I need you



Again, this is for the original song only. The duet version has a different final verse which you can read from the video above. Didn't include the footnotes for the lyrics from the website of origin.

The male-only version lacks the insanely high notes that only people without Adam's Apples can go unless you're 费玉清. If that's the case, I was not aware that you sing Spanish songs.

This song keeps playing in my mind like it's on Autoplay and Loop!!!












Finished Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn. I didn't know I could turn into the Slayer or I wouldn't have purposely lost reputation just to keep my evil party members happy. Edwin was probably worth it though.

The game did get much better after leaving Amn but I didn't explore the game much after that. Just played it for the story because I was beginning to get bored of the combat. Fortunately I left Aerie behind or the game would have become much more annoying. Sure she's very useful but I think Black Isle made her a very irritating "weakling" sort of character just to make all the others look better.

Not very interested in the expansion Throne of Bhaal. The story seems to be about me hunting down the other children of Bhaal, unlike the main story which has such an interesting villain that kept the player wondering why he was doing what he did if he wasn't trying to destroy the world or something.












Settlers 7 is a nice game but Mount and Blade is much better. I felt the former game was too restricting in terms of gameplay. It's not only because M&B is a sandbox game but also due to the limited resources in S7.














Ouch! Knowing that the octopus is a highly intelligent creature, I kind of pity it as it was being eaten alive by those fish.



Holy shit!

No comments:

Post a Comment