Saturday 15 November 2008

Rant 226 / Acmabooks Sucks

The Youtube weaboo camwhore Applemilk is not hot at all. Not even with makeup. She's average at most. I watched her gravure video, it made what should have been solid flaccid. It began badly, with her wearing a dark dress in bright light. Cool, it hides her less attractive facial features. But it amplified her slightly bloated midsection and made her look like she's in an early stage of pregnancy, at about 4-5 months.







So there's some problems with JPMorgan's game. Its prices aren't being updated. Oil has been staying at $58.08 the whole day. The British Pound has not changed one bit since I bought it. Same with the rest of the currencies. No fun!!!







It's been over a year since Robert Jordan's passing. I've just remembered to check the status of his final incomplete book. Apparently, some guy I haven't heard of named Brandon Sanderson has been chosen to finish his unfinished swansong. Did a little reading on Sanderson and saw that he already has quite a number of books published. In fact, he's the author of the Mistborn series, which I have seen mentioned in quite a few "Recommended Books" lists by users of Amazon.com.

I have hope for the series; the second last book was epic. The finale should be as good, if not better. But I dare not hope too much, because Robert Jordan was Robert Jordan, no one else can be him. I really don't mind if he doesn't rush it, just like George R. R. Martin isn't. He should take his time and try to learn and properly emulate RJ's style. If not, he should try to read RJ's mind and finish it the way all his fans expect RJ to. Any strange discrepancy in the characters will result in a flood of extreme emotions from the readers.

Since I mentioned Martin, I have to also include a bit of whining here. It's been years since his last book. I read his fourth book in the army. When is the fifth coming? Worse is that book 4 is half the book that is formed by books 4 and 5. The thing is, only half of the characters appear in the fourth book while the other half are supposed to be found in the next. I've been waiting for so long. I hope the fifth book is as epic as last.

And they're going to make a TV adaptation of the series! Woot!! HBO has good tastes! Band of Brothers, Sex and the City, now this!! I have high expectations for this one.







Acmabooks.com changed its focus. No longer is it my favourite bookstore!! I'm boycotting it simply because it doesn't have the latest books by Terry Goodkind and David Farland. How can any respectable online bookstore not have them?? So now I'm trying out this bookstore opentrolley.com.sg which claims to be the largest online bookstore in Singapore.

Its prices vary but quite similar. I've compared 4 books, and it can cost from $0.20 less here in opentrolley to $3 more. The books are generally more expensive here but usually not by much. However, it also charges S$5 for delivery while Acmabooks delivers for free for orders exceeding $50.

The one thing that pwns Acmabooks here is that they have all the books I searched for. In fact, only 1 book out of the 15 in my Cart can be found at Acmabooks. Fuck Acmabooks. In fact, this is the only online bookstore that has all the books I searched for, and I've searched a few, including atcross.com and Popular(which freakin sucks balls).

My test was simple. I just typed "confessor" in the search box. If it didn't have the latest book by Terry Goodkind, which by the way was published Nov 13th LAST YEAR, I closed the tab.

1 comment:

  1. Weird. I normally find OpenTrolley cheaper than Acma. I think it's because Acma is having Xmas sale

    ReplyDelete