Monday 25 August 2008

Rant 168 / A Visual Rickroll Now Available!

Space Seige. I wonder what is going to be affected by my Humanity level. Not going to check the forums for that. Want to keep the ending a surprise.



Modern Greece seems to be a very boring place. Bleh.



Someone actually defended Singapore in a discussion on /trv/ in 4chan. Wow... Unfortunately for him/her, all of the arguments for Singapore was countered completely. Sad.



Some discussions on /r9k/ are actually quite civilized and human. Unlike /b/, which is like a gigantic pile of virtual manure. For example there is this discussion on whether Asians are inherently smarter than whites. But it eventually evolved into a debate on whether whites are smarter than blacks. It was interesting at first though.




So fucking hungry just now. Classes started at 2.30pm today, so I got up at 11am and thought that I could have brunch at 1.30pm or something. So I held off my hunger and finally at 1.30pm reached Broadway, that new food court at North Spine. It was then that I remembered how motherfucking crowded that place is at lunch time. Fuck. So i hurriedly bought a cup of Milo and left. Spent the rest of the time printing stuff at the library before going to class.

Being hungry enough to eat a whole elephant (if it was cooked and placed in front of me), I decided I need some meat to satisfy myself. Bought a packet of rice from the Chinese food stall at Canteen 14. Then my hunger drove me crazy and made me think that I can't be satisfied with just that. So I cooked a packet of Udon and mixed it with a packet of instant miso soup.

It was actually edible.

Now I'm full. Fucking full.

Why am I typing this anyway?






The heart persists in troubling me. I shall endure. The root of all evil is desire.






What are names? A name is something that identifies you. A name is the key to your soul. Everytime your name is given to another, he/she has access to your soul. How much is revealed to them depends on the security protocol that you employ. Personally, I have little that I do not reveal. Everyone knows everything about me. LOL! Kidding. I don't believe anyone knows everything about me. Heck, not even my mum knows me completely.

But I digress.

A name can also be worthless. Fake keys are easy to make. Therefore, the above only applies to one's true name. Saw this in Planescape: Torment, and it's only now that I actually understand what they're talking about.

A man with many names has a soul that is hard to penetrate. This is especially true in the web. I don't have many names online. Senor_Hybrido is the usual alias I use. Hybrido if they don't give me enough space.

And why the fuck would anyone need to ask me what this name means? I mean, the name's self explanatory. I'm sorry if you're one of those who asked me. Maybe you needed more time to understand the name. And anyway, online names do not need to be meaningful.





Atlantica Online IS STILL OFFLINE! Gah! They postponed the opening of Closed Beta Round 3 to TOMORROW at 9am! At least this time they said it's confirmed to be that time. Doesn't do much good, but makes it sound more comforting. I need a fucking online fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment