Wednesday 20 August 2008

Rant 162 / What? Another Rant?

Since Atlantica is down, I have no games that I want to play except Urban Dead. And I've used up all my AP for today. I have games like Florensia and Asda and some single-player games, but Florensia sucks, ditto with Asda and I don't feel like using my brain anymore for tonight. So blog.





Seriously, lab is horrible. Right now my team is supposed to design an experiment to find the strain center and other details of a piece of metal, using formulae that will be taught four weeks from now in another module. I had headaches trying to think of a way to find the values. Lab sucks.






Said some rather mean stuff to a cute girl last night during supper. She was insulting everyone with her sarcastic remarks veiled by a pretty smile and calm words. No one caught all the real meanings of her words, but I did catch enough to get pissed off. But poor ol' me can never show my anger with a pissed off face. Not till I want to kill someone anyway.

But irritated I was, and before I could stop my mouth, I said some things that weren't very nice to her, also covered with a smile of mine. And it seems that she didn't catch it either. Good for her lol! Everyone thought I was joking simply because I didn't use obvious words like "bitch".

But I did feel guilty and just in case someone did realize I wasn't joking, I sent an offline msg on messenger to apologize. She replied with a counter apology for insulting everyone. And it was then that I found out she didn't even know I was pissed. But then again, who knows if that wasn't some veiled remark mixed with feigned ignorance? Whatever. I've done what I had to do to mend the tears in the relationship.

Of course, one should never have bad relations with pretty faces and girls. They tend to have huge networks and can often help you when you need it. Guys too, but I'm kinda biased here for obvious reasons.

She's still a bitch though. Pretty face or not, those remarks with hidden meanings were uncalled for. We were all being nice to each other. She must be pretty unhappy inside. A bitter little girl at heart. If not for that very fundamental flaw, she'd be the perfect woman. But the perfect woman does not exist, and cannot exist. C'est la vie.






Read about the Winter War that began shortly before WWII. It began with the invasion of Finland from the USSR. Very interesting

The Russians had a million men while the Finnish had a quarter that to defend. In basic warfare strategies, it is generally considered safe to attack with at least 3 times as many attackers as defenders. They have 4 times the number of defenders.

The Russians sent in over 6,500 tanks. The Finnish tanks numbered 30. GG? That's not all.

Finland had only 130 aircrafts versus 3,800 Russian planes. That is GG.


USSR won the war. However, that is merely one side of the story. Let's look at the other.

Over 126 thousands Russians died or went missing in this war. That's an eighth of the total number of invaders. The Finnish lost over 26 thousand troops. That's about a tenth. Also that is a fifth of what the Russians lost.

The Russians also had over 260 thousand soldiers injured and 5,600 captured. Only about 40 thousand Finnish men were injured and a thousand captured.

The Soviet Union also lost more than 2,200 tanks and over a thousand aircrafts in this war. Finland lost none. GG.

But they won the war simply by force of numbers. However, they merely got a thin slice of land from Finland which was eventually returned when the USSR collapsed.

The first time I saw the numbers in this war, I was like "WTF?"







Beginning to plan the train trip. I have a website that shows the designated camping sites in all European countries. Will be very useful in the future when I get into the details.


Also found a website that introduces the rail pass that I will be needing to take trains to most countries in Europe without having to pay a fortune. Very useful too.

What's wrong with trains anyway? They don't need your attention at the wheels all the time. They don't go too fast like planes. They aren't too expensive. Perfect for travellers. Unless they're interested to visit the countryside and the other less developed areas.


No comments:

Post a Comment