Friday 15 August 2008

Rant 158 / What Is Olympics?

I've never seen Hitler this way, but has anyone thought about what obstacles he overcame and compare them with what he accomplished, with a neutral point of view?

I remember reading that Germany was forced to sign a very humiliating treaty after its involvement in WWI, forcing its people to live horribly. According to Wikipedia, they basically placed the blame for the war wholly on the German Empire. Its army, one of the greatest in Europe, was to be reduced to 100,000 men. And the amount of money to be paid by them caused hyperinflation in the Reichsmark. There are many others conditions, but I'll have to copy everything on the article if I describe them all.

Yet Hitler managed to make Germany into a superpower, with its army incredibly powerful and ingenious. How the fuck did he change Germany from a bankrupt nation into a country feared by all?

We never learnt all that! All we know now is that he had a Beyond God-like streak of 6M frags just among the Jewish populations alone. He was evil. He used propaganda. Yet no book I've ever come across ever described how he accomplished everything he did with what little he had to start with?

When I was young, I saw him as an evil dictator who caused great misery in the past.
When I was older, I saw him as the symbol of evil.
When I joined the Toastmasters Club, I saw him as one of the greatest speakers in history.
Now I see him as one of the greatest leaders ever born, with abilities that are, at least, on par with Peter the Great, Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great and many others. But then, he killed a lot of innocent people.

I admire him as a leader and opportunist. I just don't like his philosophy. There can't be anything wrong with that.









Atlantica Online may be one of the best MMORPGS I've ever played so far because of its gameplay. WoW is now the second best on my list and its there only because there are many players playing it, making its servers so very lively.

Atlantica Online is a turn-based MMORPG, kind of like Grandia in terms of combat, because you see the monsters walking around in the field. When you come into contact with one of them, the battle starts and you enter the combat screen.

In combat, your party will use Action Points to attack, move or whatever, just like most RPGs on consoles like PS2. The only difference is that I must complete all my actions in 30s, thus reducing the waiting time for the opponent when you're dueling with a human player.

I think I like this just because it has a turn-based combat system.

I'm still at lvl12 playing in the tutorial area where they teach me all the basic functions one by one. In fact, it takes Licenses to be able to do things like Sit and Search All corpses. So I have to wait till they're ready to teach me about each funtion before I can test them.

At lvl 12, I am able to have 4 mercenaries, increasing my party to 5 members. By lvl 50, I'll be able to have the maximum number of 8 or 9 mercenaries. How to control all of them in 30s I do not know. But I'll never hit lvl50.

This is because I'm playing AO Closed Beta 2, which means its presently in the 2nd phase of a Beta phase that allows only a limited number of players. There will be CB3 before Open Beta begins. And when it does, all accounts from CB3 will be erased.

CB3 begins on the 25th of August. CB2 ends tomorrow. So I won't be playing it like mad. It will be all gone anyway. But I'll be able to learn its systems before the actual game is out. Wonder if it will be free after OB.

Another great feature is its Automove function. It requires a License, but one License lasts 15 days of Automove. It decreases by the exact amount of time you spend Automoving down to the last second.





Never realized how some people can know so little about computers. Recently talked to another Toastmaster studying in NIE and found out that her IBM laptop costs a friggin 2.5k. Holy cow! It IS small, just like the Lenovo ones, but for 2.5k???

She doesn't play games and wanted it for its puny size and warranty. I agree that non-gamers need both of these, but I believe they can be found even in the 1.5k laptops.

So that's how they make money...

No comments:

Post a Comment