Monday 18 August 2008

Rant 159 / M-m-m-m-m-m-m-MONSTER KILL!!!

Was in a taxi when I saw a piece of wood carved into the chinese character ren3, which means endure/tolerate. I thought it was an excellent concept to keep in mind when one is in the service industry. This led me back to the days when I was a receptionist-cum-security guard in the army. I had to endure many things that were not in my job description, including moronic staff who couldn't tell which column of blanks on the key registes were for their signatures even though they were all clearly labelled at the top.

One thought led to another, and eventually I recalled the time I did something funny to one of my seniors. The backstory was that he liked one of this female staff a lot but never had the guts to advance from the friend zone.

So one night he was opening the gate for her and two of her colleagues and waiting for the driver to come and bring them them down the hill. While they were waiting at the gate, I waited with my teammate at the receptionist counter( someone always has to be there). Both sides have a walkie-talkie each to communicate in case of any trouble.

So I waited for a few minutes and got impatient. It was supposed to be my rest shift after all and the driver was taking quite some time to get his car there. So I decided to talk to my friend down at the gate. As loud as I could while staying in a conversational tone, I said," Hey! What's taking so long? Stop chatting her up - she's too old for you!"

Unfortunately for him, and fortunately for me, he had turned his talkie's volume to maximum so that he won't miss anything while chatting with her. ROFLMAO!! After a few moments of anticipating an explosion, I got just that. He shouted via the talkie that he had turned the volume to max and she heard everything. It was very rude and what the hell was I doing?

I was laughing so hard I didn't bother to answer him. My other teammate next to me was laughing just as loudly while telling me I was as good as dead. I still smile whenever I think of this.

Sure enough, he stormed up after they left and gave me a big scolding, all because I embarassed him in front of his beloved. LOL! After he left, I thought it was very much worthed it. The hilarity far outweighed his anger.



OMFG the bandwidth in my hall is actually enough for me to play Atlantica Online decently! This is so amazing! Alas, there is a problem with my main, so I won't play till someone solves my problem. It is a technical issue, and I'm not surprised since this is Closed Beta. Oh well.




Heard that there is a new point-and-click action RPG with a sci-fi setting called Space Seige. Sounds like a good game, and my few glimpses at my bro's screen agrees with this. Will play it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment