Thursday 21 August 2008

Rant 164 / You Know That Thing On Top Of The Guy's Shoulders? THAT'S HIS HEAD! SHOOT THAT!

No games interest me but Atlantica Online, and it's down. Perhaps it's because it's the closest I've got to RPGs I play on PS2. Turn-based and stuff. Well, I still play Urban Dead, but that doesn't even take 10mins of my time to use up my APs.

Slippers broke. I took the oldest pair at home that could fit my feet from home and they broke in a week. My feet are too big for the aging glue inside. The flap above has been unstuck from the sole on one side of the left slipper. So after several experiments with slippers and staples, I realized my foot exerts a huge force on the flap with every step, larger than what 10 staples can take.

I wore my shoes to go out today, until I finally reached the point when I had to take a shower. Shoes aren't suitable for that, so I had to really think of a way to fix my slippers or sleep with an itchy scalp.

After long periods of thought and a moderate amount of cursing aloud, I realized I need something to absorb the force from my foot. Something elastic. A rubber band. I looked around and saw one that I had used to tie a wire. I removed it and looped it through a hole at the side of the flap. Using my handy little stapler, I stapled the two ends underneath the sole.

Before I could wear it outside, I had to test it. So I slipped it on and walked a few steps around my room. It worked! I took it off and checked the staples, which were all in place, as I expected.

Woohoo! Now I have clean hair again!








Yet again, my mind has conquered my heart.








It never matters what sort of government a country has. If the people are united, the country will always stand strong. It can be quite obvious if we compare the US and China with certain democratic African nations. Therefore, Singapore's system has nothing wrong with it. A dictatorship may not guarantee that each successive dictator will not ruin the country, but neither can a democracy simply because the majority of all people are idiots and should not be allowed to vote.

Am I one of them? Maybe. But then, I'm not voting for anyone.





Ep 5 of Pure Pwnage Season 2 is hilarious.

The rant at the beginning about noobs was the best rant ever.

And the part where they read gaming forums was ownage.
"'Can someone give me tips for getting headshots?'

You know that thing on top of the guy's shoulders? THAT'S HIS HEAD! SHOOT THAT!"







Tried Space Seige just now. Nice game, but the controls are like shit. It's completely dependent on the mouse for movement control. The keyboard is only used for the camera movement, which the mouse wheel can control too. Basically, there is no use for the keyboard except for abilities of both the robot and the guy himself. And that's pretty crappy too since the robot's abilities are on the F# (F1-4) while the guy's are on the number row(1-0). Can easily press the wrong button. I did precisely that during one intense battle when I was trying to press 4 to throw a grenade but instead hit F4 which made my robot stop and repair itself for a few seconds. WTF! Almost got raped then.

Graphics are poorer than Mass Effect's(which isn't impt to me since my comp can barely take even this game at minimum settings) and according to my bro, shorter too.

Where is SPORE?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment