Wednesday 22 February 2012

Rant 945 / I Do Not Understand Why I Avoid It



Coming out soon, but it's not available for pre-order on Steam yet as far as I can tell.

Looks fantastic but it doesn't actually tell me anything regarding the actual gameplay.
















A burger made from test-tube meat?

 Post's aim is to invent an efficient way to produce skeletal muscle tissue in a laboratory that exactly mimics meat, and eventually replace the entire meat-animal industry.

I'd invest in it if I had the money.

If it's successful our future will be something similar to the future Earth of Isaac Asimov's books in which all food is derived from yeast. Real meat would become a delicacy... but seriously, if nobody gives a damn about what's in our burgers and chicken nuggets, there cannot be such a big taboo on artificial meat.

The meat products we eat are already pretty artificial right now, and I'm not even going to discuss our soft drinks.

The biggest benefit IMO is that it can free up insane amounts of arable soil for crop plants, and that's a far more efficient and cleaner use of land than rearing animals.

















I procrastinate for no reason. What do I fear?


















Alan Wake is released on Steam.

But I already knew the ending from watching streams.

Oh well.

















My bro baked pizza and bread.

Pizza was a basic salami one with thin crust.

Was pretty good other than the bad idea of sprinkling salt on top.

Bread was baked today. Was a basic loaf with oregano, rosemary and basil.

Was also pretty good except he added too much olive oil, making it almost... meaty. The crust at the bottom tasted like it was fried. And the top was burnt.

Good for a first try.

Wonder if he will find the effort worth it, because I don't.







I've been experimenting with chicken breast. Other than my usual oregano-rosemary-basil-black pepper-salt marinate, I tried a completely untested recipe involving worchestershire sauce, cider vinegar, MCD's imitation maple syrup, garlic, black pepper and salt.

The chicken was much softer, most likely because of the vinegar. However it wasn't sour because of the syrup.

Needed more time to marinate but that was not a option because the meat would turn mushy due to the vinegar... unless I don't add vinegar till later.

Hmm...




















Wanted to spend a bit of money on the projects on Kickstarter.com but nothing seemed really worth it.

Thought about Agents of Mersh but costs over US$100 for me. No thanks. I don't even buy games for US$60.

Also considered non-game projects but I haven't seen anything I feel is worth it. Maybe the one about chocolate wasabi peas, but it doesn't appear very successful. Only hit $1600 out of the $5000 needed and just 10 days more to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment