Friday 17 February 2012

Rant 942 / Dad Spice



Ken and Guile don't sing in English, but Blanka, a Brazilian, does.

:\

Not saying Brazilians don't speak English, but that it just doesn't make as much sense.



















Sex with floating head that sinks into the bed.

"Interesting".




















I've never really got the hang of using the Demo Knight but I've seen how awesome he can be.
















Found a phone in a cab today.

An iPhone I think. Not sure.

When a phone started ringing in the cab I thought it was the driver's.

But the driver didn't answer the phone and the direction from which the ringtone was coming was like under the driver or to his right, which was the door.

Took me some time to realize it was also much nearer to me than I thought because it would have been much softer if it was blocked by the driver and his seat.

Then I lifted my bag and found it underneath.

So I handed it to the driver and he asked me to answer it because he was driving. By then it had already stopped ringing.

He asked me to tell the owner who was most likely his previous passenger, if he called again, that he was fine with driving back to where he dropped him off to return it to him.

When the phone rang again, I answered. Fortunately it was really the owner. Would have been weird if it was a friend or something.

Strangely he insisted on going to me to get his phone back. His reason was that he didn't know how to contact the driver, not that he didn't trust him.

Whatever. I was already off work, so I told him to meet me at my neighbourhood wet market.

The driver then started a monologue on the history of lost stuff in his cab over the last several years. Apparently all Comfort cabs have GPS so when a passenger loses his stuff, he can just call the company hotline, tell him where he alight and when, and Comfort can find out which cab it probably was.

But if it was a cab stopping at Orchard Road during the peak hours, good luck to you!

So anyway, the driver was grateful that I saved him an unprofitable trip and rounded down my fare to the nearest dollar. 80 cents discount, not much.

In the end the guy actually came straight here right after his call, arriving only 20mins after I did.

Turned out to be an insurance agent, promised me "better deals" if I went to him.

Dude no.

Made up some excuse and went back home.

I wonder if this is some kind of trick to get random legit phone numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment