Thursday 16 February 2012

Rant 941 / Dubstep On Vinyl



Exciting part at 7:10.

"Have a good day y'all!"

I have to admit my childhood was nowhere close to hers, but now I realize that's probably not a good thing. The privileges that come with adulthood aren't without their prices.

TBH the father was trying to be kind, but he grew up in a far tougher environment and that limits how soft he allows his daughter's life to be. I don't think he could have even imagined that he could be easier on her because his own life was so much harder.

The girl most likely compares her life to those of her peers, while he compares it to his own.














The strange thing in life is that nothing else matters as long as you have what is in demand in the society you're in.

You can completely retarded in multiple ways, or you can be one of those people who are only willing to see the good things in life (ie in denial), and you can still succeed if you are what is needed.

It is unfair, but fairness is a human concept.















Teemo is fun.















I have to say I'm now impressed by Reckoning (I'm calling the game by that name because that's what it uses for its shortcut link in my computer).

I'm currently at Mel Senshir, new arrived with a giant backlog of sidequests.

Game's pretty damn long.

In fact it feels longer than Fallout 3.

Then again, Fallout 3 had a pretty short main questline without the DLCs.

I've been playing for 2 whole days now and I feel I'm only halfway through the game.

I know killing the boss of the Tuatha is unlikely to end the game, and I'm halfway to getting to his part of the map.

At this rate, I'll need four whole days to complete the game.

Four!

I don't remember needing this much time to complete FO3, FNV, Oblivion or Skyrim.

Ok I took a bit more for Skyrim but that's only because I spent a lot of time avoiding the main quest.

For this game, I just did whatever I felt like, never deliberately avoiding the main quests just to delay the end.

That's why I have a huge backlog of quests I haven't completed. By now I should have like 10 or more, plus the 5-6 "tasks" that are basically simpler but repeatable quests.

IIRC FO3 really only took 2 days to complete, plus about a day more because of the sidequests (and I completed almost all that I encountered).



As for my character, I realized investing everything in the Sorcery tree isn't really worth the points. Not enough bang for my buck near the top.

So I've been spending some on Might, getting the passive skills at the bottom right.

I'm not interested in more Active skills but I don't have a choice if I want to continue to invest in Might.

Right now I have only four Active skills - Sphere of Protection, Mark of Flame, Summon Faer Gorta and Heal Surge.

Basically one summon, one shield, one attack and one heal.

My battles are very simple because I mostly just use either Mark or my Chakrams, rarely both. When I do combine both, it's usually on bosses.

I want to keep the game simple, so I'm reluctant to get any other active attack skills.

However, that's impossible because to get to Meteor, I need to spend a few points on Active skills.

Hence I'm considering spending on the Arcana Weaponry branch mainly for the Dodge attack.

I dodge (or in my case, Blink ie short-range teleport) A LOT in battle because positioning is important when spraying the Mark. I blink in, Mark them, blink away, and then activate the Marks when they all have it. If they're barely alive, I finish them off with my Chakrams. If they are nowhere close to dying I repeat the Marking process.

If they're resistant to Fire damage, Chakrams.

Simple battles.

I almost never block because I'm rarely close enough to get hit. If I'm too close, it's usually because I'm already activating the Mark and they will get knocked back by the imminent explosions before they can hit me.

Blocking is only for when I'm too far away and there are homing attacks incoming.

IMO my battles look awesome with all the last-minute blinking and explosions. That sort of action is never visible in FPS games. I guess they're using the third-person view very well. 


There are other ways to do it of course. For example, my bro uses poison and kites everything like a boss. Not as visually impressive but just as exciting.

Probably easier too because the game's auto-aim archery makes bow-users too easy to use.





One complaint about this game right now that I have is the Faer Gorta, or the skeleton summon.

It has very annoying AI.

Most of the time it's alright, but sometimes it just stands around and do nothing.

One time I tested it to see how bad the problem is by kiting the half-dead monsters while it's in its stoner mode. I only noticed it after I had already activated the Marks.

It just follows me as I run away instead of attacking the monsters.

However the moment I attacked them after all the running, it attacks them too and everything returned to normal.
















Buddhists aren't happy people because they don't believe in Jesus.

To the Christians, this makes sense. After all, just like in Judaism and Islam, to Christians all other religions must be Satanic because they're false religions created by Satan to mislead the people.

How can misguided people be truly happy?

Don't hate Christians for their beliefs. Just be glad they also believe in religious tolerance unlike in the past.

Of course, if you're a Christian and you don't believe in converting others to your religion, you're probably being very selfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment