Sunday 19 February 2012

Rant 943 / Commit Sudoku!



Wright Brothers had far better rhymes IMO.















Found Stranded II. It's kinda like Minecraft in that it's in first-person view, simple graphics and you build stuff.

Unlike Minecraft, it's always on an island because you're supposed to be stranded on one. Unlike Minecraft, you can only build specific structures.

It's a free game, fortunately, so anyone can download it. Interesting game, but TBH I have no idea what happens once I've built everything.

I guess once I've "completed" the game in both normal and Adventure (aka campaign) mode I'll have to move on to mods.

There are quite a few as far as I can tell but I have yet to try any.

So far I'm only on the second island in the Adventure mode. Easy game because I built more than necessary on the first. I had no idea what the objectives were so I just went ahead to build a shelter, a campfire, wood and stone storage, misc storage, trap, kiwi breeding thing, defense tower, well and even a treehouse.

For tools and weapons, I had a sling, a bow, a hammer, a net, a fishing rod, a piece of flint and several starfishes (used as a throwing weapon).

With just the bow and 40+ arrows it was enough to kill any group of wild animals including all the lions and clawed monkeys I've encountered.

For food, I initially thought I only could eat berries and small pieces of meat from killing kiwi birds.

Later I found wheat and grapes, so I grew about 9 of each.

After that, I made a trap and the kiwi breeding thing so that I can get a regular, albeit insufficient, supply of food.

It was only when I made my fishing rod that I finally got enough food to sustain me for multiple days without looking for more, so that I could focus on other tasks like the treehouse.

I guess that's just like how civilizations came about.


















Wanted to change earphones because the cheap S$2.50 set I'm using has a bad hook design. The hook is comfortable but it's set on a swivel so that it can be rotated.

Apparently this design is pretty common among cheap Chinese-made earphones with hooks.

The trouble with this is that the swivel gets loose. It's cheap so it's expected.

Normally that's not a problem but when I tilt my head, the earphone on the lowered side would just fall. The hook isn't affected but I have to push the earphone back up later.

Not convenient at all when I eat.

So I took out my old pair that has terrible sound but couldn't stand it.

That left me with the most expensive set that cost S$11 from JVC, model HA-E33-S.

Sound's fine but the hook was far too tight.

So now I'm back to square one.

I've already ordered another 3 pairs from DealExtreme but I'm not expecting much. They're cheap just like the ones I've been using.

But if they last as long as these did, I'm buying a good branded set next.















Oh yea invade Libya and ignore Syria. Global politics is so full of shit.
















How ironic that soon after I posted that comment about MCD rarely running out of anything, MCD runs out of something again.

I'm not talking about the second shortage of curry sauce, I'm talking about this morning when I ordered breakfast.

They actually ran out of muffins!

HOW DARE THEY??!

So all muffins were replaced by regular Hamburger buns.

It's actually okay TBH, better than I expected.

Still, I wanted muffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment