Thursday 20 October 2011

Rant 878 / Halloween Supplies

Been playing some Draw My Thing. One draws stuff, the others guess the word. Quite simple.

The game's on OMGPOP and it's free.

http://www.omgpop.com/?r=dgb7x

Yes that's my referral link.












Stopped playing Die2Nite. Not my cup of tea. Too much dying, which I guess really is the main focus of this game.

Until they allow mega-coalitions again, I'm not going back.













Just received some samples from a factory. I think we were quite clear about what we wanted and the instructions we gave them weren't complicated. Sent them a picture too.

The things I discovered in the package were simply terrible.

They were weeks early if the plan was to give me a Halloween surprise. If that wasn't it, I have no idea what the heck the seamstress was smoking when she made it, although I bet it was something like this:



Don't forget I'm an amateur, looking at those sweaters with an amateur's eyes.

When I showed it to the expert, there were even more mistakes that I didn't notice.

I'm starting to learn more and more about the difficulties of this job.

Clearly part of it is to communicate with retards.

The worst thing is that it wasn't even cheap because it was the factory to which we usually send the more difficult jobs.

I wonder what I would have gotten if I had sent the order form to a worse factory instead. Will it still come out as a sweater even? Or will my instructions for a sweater create an image of a sock in their minds?

DESPITE THE PRESENCE OF A FRICKIN PICTURE.

This is my first time, hence the frustration. The first time I wrote and sent the instructions myself knowing exactly what they should look like. And the first time seeing an actual sample made according to my words... or at least they were supposed to be.

I need to get used to this, or I'm going to be an angry, angry man for a long, long time.














So in HoMM VI, the upgraded Ghoul is the Ravenous Ghoul which just does more damage against living creatures.

Not that cool.

Also, the area damage effect of the healing ability of Ghosts and Spectres do not affect non-living creatures.

In other words, Necropolis vs Necropolis battles are very boring in HoMM VI.

It's almost like watching a Paladin vs Paladin PVP duel in WoW.













I'm nervous about this long-term responsibility. This is my first time I'm taking on one that does not have an end in the foreseeable future.

My life will never be the same again.

What am I saying?

It has already begun.

Two of the buyers apparently have known our business since my father's days.

These shoes are pretty big.

Will I be able to fill them despite having to learn everything from scratch in my mid-twenties?

When will the next time be when I can live without worries once more?

Will it ever come again?

No comments:

Post a Comment