Wednesday 5 October 2011

Rant 866 / Sany Is An Actual Brand

Today a friend said something along the lines of "In life, if I can't get what I want, I'll rather die with nothing."


How does a grown man live without compromises?


I guess that's how unhappy people are born - they simply refuse to adapt to the circumstances.


After all, Man doesn't adapt the world to him - he adapts to the world around him. All the machineries that appear to control the environment are designed based on what we see in Nature. We haven't actually had any idea that's completely unique. Everything we've created is inspired by something that already exists. Everything we want to do is caused by Nature.


What is life without compromises?


A very empty one.


I wonder if he understands what he is saying.


A life of having nothing and doing nothing means nothing. Fifty years down the road when the few people who knew you when you were alive are dead, you'd be completely forgotten. Your tombstone will become a mere piece of sculpted rock with squiggly lines carved into it.

Nobody will remember your name.

Nobody will remember your face.

Nobody will remember your deeds because there is none.


Nobody will remember your existence. It will be as if you never lived. It will be as if you're just like so many who lived in ancient times, all their sweat and blood meaning nothing today because their cities were razed and their historic records destroyed.

Civilizations that fell and vanished without a trace.

It is infinitely worse than having people doubt your existence when people aren't even aware of the possibility that you might have existed.



Anyone who doesn't believe that could happen is simply ignorant. Right here in Southeast Asia there's one which barely left any evidence of its existence.


Whoever was a member of that society, every single one of them, their lives meant zilch.


It could happen to anyone who chooses to choose nothing, and in a very short timespan.



I find this tragic.


If there's anything I fear, it's that I die without leaving a mark.


Maybe that's why I'm typing this. Someone is saying he'd choose to become what I fear.


Nothingness.

I know everything we do eventually disappears. I'm not arrogant enough to think that far ahead.

Compromises, yes?




Anyways, I know he was bullshitting. He'd be completely jobless if what he said was true.

How many people on Earth can find the perfect job within 2 years?















Been busy. The end of the year is here. While everyone is planning their holidays, I have to work on supplying their winter clothings for their holidays.












So the top five things men spend on are:


- Electronics
- Alcohol
- Cars
- Gambling
- Sports

No food?

OMG AM I MALE?!?

dir/w penis

Phew.








What I got from googling "dir/w penis" was hilarious.

Penis envy in Freudian psychoanalysis refers to the theorized reaction of a girl during her psychosexual development to the realization that she does not have a penis.

Whoa! That's some deep psychology there!

What strikes me as odd is why he theorized that it takes years for a girl to realize she doesn't have a penis.

Is he hinting at sexist theories about female intelligence?

I mean, all she has to do is to look down, right?












So I was advised to go window-shopping at certain stores for ideas. Autumn/winter wear is already available for this year in some stores. Those stores that were mentioned sell pretty high end stuff. If I had a girlfriend, she'd be one happy girl.

If I were a girl I'd be one happy girl.

But I'm guy and I'm not too happy about this.

Maybe I'd find it interesting when I get into it.

And then I'll have to do a penis check again.













Surprisingly, the porridge stall at the Kopitiam kopitiam in my neighbourhood sells decent porridge at a rather low price. $2 for a minced pork and century egg porridge, and it contained a whole century egg. Not much pork but a whole egg for $2 is pretty cheap.

I'd expected that prices would go up whenever there is a brand. In this case, it's the "Kopitiam" brand.












So Sony is coming up with a virtual-reality headgear that looks kinda like the thing Cyclops wears in the X-Men series.

Except this headgear makes the wearer see things that aren't there. I believe when the wearer turns his head, he would see different things just like in real life.

It's been done before but maybe things will change now.

Maybe.

I think it will flop.

Too expensive to develop games and shows for it.

For a TV show on this, it will require totally different camera techniques and equipment for it. An example is how the crew has to record a show in a 360 degrees circle so that the wearer doesn't see a black screen when he turns his head.

It would totally miss the point if that happens.

As for games, the feel will be different. Games need to be designed differently to accomodate such freedom.

Still, nobody has said it will be integrated into the PS3, so for all we know it could become a mere wearable TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment