Wednesday 12 October 2011

Rant 870 / "Sanitarium" Was A Deliberately Misleading Title

Looking at my match history in League of Legends today really hit home the fact that I'm not such a good player despite playing every night.

There is a logic to that - if most of the matches end in losses, the probability of all the faults lying in other teammates is very low.

Even though my scores are not terrible, the losses just mean I'm definitely unable to offset the inadequacies of my worse teammates.

Which implies I'm an average player at best.

Probably true.

Moreover, this is a team game; everyone has to contribute to the final result, whether it's a win or a loss.

Nevertheless the game's still fun to play.

Maybe I should play as a ranged hero. I've been playing as melee heroes for so long, it's probably time for a change.

...

And I did.

Now I play as Urgot.

Tried one game against Intermediate bots to try it out. Felt alright, score was good.

My first game against human players as Urgot was incredibly bad. Ended up with 2 kills and 12 deaths, mainly because I was with a Teemo laning against a Brand and a Fiddlesticks.

Pretty terrifying combo. Fiddle fears us and Brand burns the crap out of us. We could never run because of Fiddle, and that helped with Brand's spells which require a bit of time.

The rest were better. Urgot's very good at catching running enemies, but not so good at killing. Not much burst damage, and all his abilities do physical damage, meaning they can just get armour and I'll be barely able to scratch them.

Which is why Urgot shouldn't be used as a DPS or tank or whatever, but an offensive support. Urgot's passive causes his attacks to reduce an enemy's damage by 15%, which scales up to pretty huge numbers at late game. To use this effectively, I need to attack multiple enemies one by one, something I have yet to do properly.

The other thing that makes him a good support is his ultimate, which exchanges an enemy's location with his own. This is best used to pull an enemy back, but in desperate situations it can also be used as a stun. I get extra armour and magic resistance when I cast it, so I have a decent chance of escaping if my level isn't too low.

Other than that, the homing missile is just so awesome against players who don't GTFO when they get hit by my AoE Corrosive Charge, which causes my Acid Hunter to be able home in on them.

Acid Hunter's cooldown takes about 1.9s without items, so I can fire 3 of it before the Charge wears off.

Judging by how hard it's supposed to be (indicated in the hero's character sheet in the game), it's clear that how hard each hero is can be very subjective.

I believe the difficulty is gauged by how much precise aiming and coordination is necessary to be successful with the hero. Some people, however, can be pretty good at this sort of thing.

Finally, I cannot help but mention the fact that I got a Godlike streak for the first time ever in LoL using Urgot.











Sanitarium contains so much insanity I don't even know if his brief lapses into sanity are really that. Still, an interesting game. The content is so varied between each chapter, with so many little details that hint at the future chapters.

...

Finished the game.

They really don't make games like that anymore these days. I wouldn't go as far as to say it's got more content than today's RPGs, but it's more unique than most of what I see today.

Still a short game though. Most of the puzzles are just there to slow you down and not stump you.

And the ending has a pretty interesting twist.

As for bugs, it's not a big problem as long as I save often. Too bad they don't have quicksave back then.

Also, the graphics glitch that gave it strange colours could be solved in 64-bit Windows 7 by opening the screen resolution menu by right-clicking on Desktop and then opening the game directly from the game's EXE file.




Next on the list: Gemini Rue.












Now I've come to the point where I need to get an IDD account for my phone because people in China are not that technologically advanced yet.

I didn't know that without any roaming or IDD services, I cannot receive long distance calls. Or that's what I think happened. The factory in China which I recently found tried to call me via my handphone but it didn't work, so they called the number listed on the package containing the sample I sent them, which was forwarded to my mum's phone.

Fortunately I can just use my mum's Chatchat account to refer myself so that I can use their cheap 1526 IDD service.

S$0.08/min to China, or S$0.05/min to a Chinese non-mobile number during non-peak hours, which are between 6pm to 6am from Monday to Friday and the entire 24 hours during weekends .

So far I haven't found any cheaper rate than that.










So the Lip Ice lip balm is here. I haven't used lip balm since I was a kid, so I've totally forgotten what it's like to use it.

I think I need it. My lips crack so much because I've been peeling my lips without thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment