Monday 17 October 2011

Rant 876 / Sentinels And Praetorians EVERYWHERE!

Just finished the tutorial campaign. 2 missions.

The basic Haven troops are so defensive!

Mainly it's because of the Sentinel. He absorbs 50% of the damage done to allies around it, with 50% of his Might defense applied to it.

I still don't know if it stacks, ie if I place 9 Sentinels around an unit will the damage done to that unit be reduced to 0.5^9 of the original damage?

Never bothered to test that theory but after 2 missions, I'm more inclined to say it doesn't.

Which means it actually hurts me more to surround anyone with more than 1 stack of Sentinels because all the Sentinels get 50% damage, dramatically increasing the total amount of damage dealt from every hit.

But I have no choice!

I still stick to my formation of completely surrounding my ranged and healer units with melee units to prevent them from getting hit.

If I don't surround them with Sentinels, there's no other units I can use until I get a level 4 unit.

And if I don't surround them with melee units, they will get hit by enemy melee units.

What's the point of having a tough melee unit (aka meat shield) such as the Sentinel if not the take the brunt of the attacks for the weaker units?

But if the enemies only consist of ranged units, I use a different formation.

I only place 2 stacks of Sentinels near my ranged unit, 1 in any adjacent tile and another only adjacent to the first Sentinel. The first Sentinel takes 50% damage for the ranged unit while the second Sentinel takes 50% damage for the first Sentinel in case it gets hit directly, eg by an area damage attack.

So to put it simply, the presence of the Sentinel effectively reduces damage taken by Haven troops by half.













So there is a company that stuffs your ashes into bullets and cartridges.

Holy Smoke offers no actual cremation services, but it does promise "care and reverence" when it funnels your ashes, or those of your loved ones, into either 100 rifle cartridges or 250 pistol cartridges or shotgun shells -- all "high quality, hand loaded".

In other words, they will place your ashes in working bullets but they won't fire those bullets for you.

Obviously the rounds are going to be less effective because of the reduced amount of gunpowder, but I don't think that's important here.











A seafood allergy sped up a Vietnamese woman's aging process by about 40 years within 5 years.
“The skin on my face, chest and belly has folds like an old woman who has given birth several times although I have never had a child. But the rapid-aging syndrome hasn't affected my menstrual cycle, hair, teeth, eyes and mind.”

A 60-year old woman who's still menstruating?!?

Phuong was able to have a free consultation at the Ho Chi Minh City Medicine and Pharmacy University Hospital, in Vietnam, with doctors who believed she may have been badly affected with the skin disease, mastocytosis.

From this diagnosis, doctors hope that with medical treatment they will be able to restore between 50 and 70% of her skin.

So which 30-50% of her skin won't be restored?











Dead Rising 2: Off the Record looks more interesting than DR2 itself.

Other than killing zombies as usual, Frank also has to take photos of everything to score points. There are several types of points, like Brutality and Erotica.

One thing that I can't help but notice is that even dead bodies give Erotica points, like an upskirt shot of a dead female. Necrophilia much?

No comments:

Post a Comment