Sunday 16 October 2011

Rant 874 / Damned If I Do, Damned If I Don't


Please don't. Even I, a non-American, don't want to see that caption.











S$7 for an apple mango, but I bought it.

Just one. I thought it was ok to splurge a little on fruits since I always go for the cheap 3-for-$1 apples, pears and oranges.

Apple mango. Mmmmmm..............

It's even making my living room smell good. Or at least part of the room.

...

So I bought 3 apples, 3 green apples, 3 avocados (all the apples I chose were 3-for-$1 while the avocados were 3-for-$4), a bunch of unripe plantains and that apple mango. When I got home I decided to place them, except for the plantains, neatly on a plate just because I was in the mood for tidiness.

My bro just came over to ask me if the fruits were for eating or for decoration.

:\



Photo was taken after my bro took a green apple.












So the hairstylists in my neighbourhood whom I usually visit moved to the newer flats slightly further away. Instead of crossing a road to get to them, I'll be having to take a 5-min walk the next time I need a haircut.

They reminded me of that during my last two visits, which translates to about two months. 

As if I'm going to go through all the trouble for "brand loyalty".

There are like 5 other barbers and hairstylists in my neighbourhood. I'll just go to a random barber next to their original location instead. I don't need a wash anyway since I live across the street. I usually just walk home after they brush off as much hair as they can. No sense in changing that for no good reason.

Costs $12 here. Wonder what the barber I visit next time will charge me. Hopefully it will be the same.

And to prevent misunderstandings in the future, I even took a few photos of my hair a few days after my last visit.

Speaking of $12, I was appalled to finally discover, just a few weeks ago, that most of my friends spend at least twice that for their haircuts. They probably need to pay more for the wash because their hairstylists aren't as conveniently located as mine.

My neighbourhood is awesome.












After some thoughts on the glove bargain, I just realized it's not really a big deal.

Even if I order a thousand gloves, the net profit will just cover one month's rent for my office unit. Maybe I'll get enough change to pay one employee for another month.

A mere pittance.

I need to think bigger. Gloves/mittens are small time.

...

Apparently I've been underestimating the price that I will be selling them at. The net profit will be significantly higher but still not a lot. The main problem is that they don't sell quickly, so this net profit will be gained over several months.

Unless I'm making millions off these lousy gloves, I won't be raking in huge profits from them alone.










Played a bit of HoMM VI. Just the first campaign mission. They simplified it somewhat. Now there are only 4 resources - wood, ore, crystal and gold.

The combat has also been simplified in that tiles are now squares. That means now instead of just six, each unit can now be gangraped by nine enemies.

Ghosts are also less annoying now. That is a fantastic move. I love the developers just for that. Ghosts and Spectres were SO FUCKING ANNOYING back in HoMMV because of the 50 and 75% dodge rate.

50 fucking Titans can NOT EVEN SCRATCH a group of FIVE Spectres because THEY FUCKING DODGED FIFTY FUCKING LIGHTING BOLTS WHAT THE FUCK?!

Yea I hate their dodge this much.

Now it makes more sense by replacing dodge with physical damage resistance.

Heroes can now be used at any turn and do not have their own specific turns. I love this idea. Gives me a lot more strategic freedom.









In case you don't get the pic at the top of this rant, the guy in the last photo is Kevin Bacon.

No comments:

Post a Comment