Thursday 6 June 2013

Rant 1141 / The GSS Is Full Of Tiny Discounts That Are Only Better Than Nothing

Went back to Killing Floor after my bro's gf reminded me about it. I had previously given up on it because the best local server, Brutus, had been pretty dead when I last played it, and it always appeared to be dead or down according to the Steam server menu.

Strangely, Steam's numbers haven't been accurate apparently because the first time I tried to join it this week, Steam said there were only 5 people on the server out of the max capacity of 24 but I was unable to get in because it was full.

I got in after a few tries and found that it was really full, yet Steam insisted that there were only 5 people there excluding myself.

The second day I went on, there was only 1 person on according to Steam, but over 20 people inside once I got in. None of them were bots.

I have no idea why that is so.

Today, it appeared to be down but when I typed in the command manually in the console, I got in anyway, and again it was almost full.

Maybe it has something with all the custom monsters, HUD and etc.

But I like the server more now. The new custom HUD is great and the custom monsters make it less boring.

The players are different from the ones I had been playing on before I really got tired of KF, an American server with a capacity of 35 players. Over there, the players don't move much. Being a medic there was easy because of that. In contrast, the players on Brutus love to move around to try to avoid attacks, making it way harder to heal them.

In addition, they prefer to camp together in narrow areas instead of spreading out. I don't actually like it but I'm starting to get used to it now.


The biggest draw of this server is actually the monsters. On the American server, they were so tough I could never kill any of them except by chance. Everyone there were of such high levels my low level weapons don't do much damage relative to theirs. It got really boring after a while when I realized even as a sharpshooter, my headshots with most rifles don't even kill clots.

Worse is the fact that it took forever for them to kill everything, so if I die, the wait was always unbearably long. I guess the players just didn't do as much damage even though they were tough enough to last each wave.

On Brutus, however, not only can I kill normally, waves don't take as long to die.

These points are good enough for me to want to stay there for good. Playing KF is all about killing stuff, so being to kill often is a very important thing.





















Found some microwave popcorn at my neighbourhood budget store recently.

I was lucky because it was the last packet and I haven't seen anymore since.

$2 for a box of 3 packets of 78g each.

Each packet looked tiny at first but turned huge after microwaving it.

Fun too, because I have to listen to them pop in the microwave to know when to stop it.

It's a mild butter flavour that needs no additional seasoning. Very nice.

The only problem is just a small one: it makes my lips feel dry afterwards.



The same shop also sells Post's Great Grains Pecan Crunch at $4.95 while the Giant (used to be Shop N Save before the merger) was selling it at $5.80. That's a pretty huge difference. Usually what they sell only differ less than $0.50 in price, so $0.85 for a $5.80 product is pretty significant.



It's weird how they can sell so many things so much cheaper, like the 1-litre packets of milk for $1.20. In comparison, a can of evaporated unsweetened milk cost $0.95 at least.

Something feels kinda off but not enough to make me want to dig any deeper. They're cheap and I haven't gotten cancer from eating the popcorn, so who cares?

























I don't know why I ordered this one sweater that I'm not sure if can be sold. This is bad.





















Discounts and new games! I guess the midyear season for all these has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment