Sunday 16 June 2013

Rant 1144 / Hot Warm Hot

So during my ICT, I employed some cautionary measures in Spartan Wars (iPad) in case I get attacked. Since I wasn't going to buy a shield to protect my town with real cash, my options were limited.

Attacks were going to be inevitable while I was away, so my resources beyond my protected capacity were guaranteed to be taken away by anyone with an army large enough to attack me.

Or so I thought.

First thing I did was to spend as much as I could by the morning I left to get everything under the protected capacity limit. Anything over this limit, any invaders who defeat my defence will take it. At night just before I slept I bought as many archers as I could, then stopped the production of gold and food completely. In the morning, I spent all my wood and stone in defence.

Second was to set just enough production to hit that limit by the evening I return, which was extremely low. It's like less than half of what I usually produce in a day, then split over five days.

Third was tell my alliance leader not to kick me while I was away.

When I came back, there were only 3 attacks reported. The first took nothing from my second city that was almost undefended. The second was also on my second city and took a bit of food because I had calculated the production rate slightly too high to ensure I hit the limit if I return earlier than expected. The third attack, strangely enough, was on my main city and failed epicly. I have no idea why the attacker even bothered but I'm glad someone decided to give me enough faith to not only upgrade my main city's god but also contribute significantly to my alliance's Zeus level.

Why anyone tried to attack my main city is beyond me.




















Didn't fare as well on Clash of Clans. Managed to lose about 1k of Dark Elixir over the 5 days, including this one attack that wiped out my entire base (3 stars).




















PC overheated. Managed to exceed 90 degrees Celsius running Spec Ops: The Line and gave me a blue screen that forced me to manually reset the PC.

Took out one side of the casing to allow it to stay cool while I wait till tomorrow before I vacuum the insides.

I think my router's reaching its overheat limit too because my internet's getting slow. This isn't the first time and it always happens during the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment