Friday 21 June 2013

Rant 1149 / May I Breathe?
























3-hour PSI reading is at 400 at 11am, 21st June 2013.

FOUR HUNDRED!

I've just called my staff to tell them they can leave if they feel uncomfortable. Otherwise, they can close at 3.30pm, 2 hours earlier than usual.

If not for the fact that I'm letting my transporter use my office as some kind of interview location (just for filling up whatever forms he needed, not the actual interviews), I'd have let them go now (12pm).

My transporter's probably hiring people who are unfamiliar with computers so he can't use fax or email for this. His own office is too hard to find because in the last couple months, most of his candidates had difficulty finding it, so I let him use my office for filling up the forms.

As for myself, I haven't gone to work nor exercised since this started. The sinus thing I mentioned yesterday is still here and it's about to become a sore throat, so it's the real thing. I must really have a sensitive sinus/throat.




...


401 at 12pm. But it does look slightly better now at 12.10pm, so it's probably being jacked up by the 10am and 11am readings.






...


Looks like it's finally dying down. Maybe.

It's been under 200 since afternoon today, but I didn't retract my instruction to my staff to close at 3pm. It might have risen again just now.

Currently, it's on the upward trend again for the last two hours, going from 130+ at 6-8pm to 160+ at 11pm right now.


Hopefully this ends now, although it's unlikely since Indonesia has yet to do anything about it. Apparently they did not go through with the cloud-seeding because there wasn't enough clouds.

I'm now hoarse, so if it goes back up to 200 and above tomorrow, I'm going to wear a surgical mask tomorrow despite its ineffectiveness at filtering the dust; I had cleaned both my filters and switched on the ioniser in my air-conditioner this morning but my throat and nose are still irritated.





























GOG is having its big summer sale today and I bought FTL and Zafehouse Diary. I had been waiting all these time for FTL to hit 75% discount, so that didn't take long to decide.

Neither did Zafehouse Diary since I'm pretty much buying anything in the genre, and its $2.49 price tag really helped smoothen the process.

So US$5 for two games that look pretty good. Great! Because MMORPGs these days don't really interest me. I'm still unclear as to why this is so.

...

Also bought the Humble Bundle just for the Organ Trail for US$1. Stealth Bastard looks interesting too.




















My carton of club soda is running out and I find myself liking this stuff. Mainly it's because of its flexibility. I can get all kinds of syrup and make any kind of soft drink I want. Right now, it's Ribena. Previously I had finished orange and mixed fruit syrups.

I also like how syrups can be stored for a very long time; the bottle of orange syrup I mentioned had been opened for 2 years.

But mostly, I use cider vinegar and honey with club soda. The recipe still hasn't changed: one tablespoon of vinegar and another of honey with one can of soda. Takes a while to stir them though since I use cold soda. Warm soda would have required ice, and that would really get rid of the bubbles after all that stirring.

I think I may order another carton of club soda.

No comments:

Post a Comment