Tuesday 18 June 2013

Rant 1146 / Sense Is Overrated.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/17/us-g-idUSBRE95F0JK20130617

Russian President Vladimir Putin faced further isolation on the second day of a G8 summit on Tuesday as world leaders lined up to pressure him into toning down his support for Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.


This is bs. They just want to overthrow Assad for their own reasons and Putin's the only one standing in their way. Now that Syrian government is winning so hard, they should just stand down and let the country do its own thing, regardless of how shitty that actually is.

Anything they try to do to help the rebels will only escalate the bloodshed again, which is counter to what they claim to be their goal in that region.

Chemical weapons? Just confiscate them after things calm down.

Horrible leadership? That's the concern of the citizens, not foreigners. Moreover it's not as if things will get better if the rebels win - they can't even handle the issue of their own leadership. If they are unable to agree on who to lead all of the individual groups, how do they expect to control the entire country once Assad's gone?

I'm not saying Assad's good; their situation is like a much more terrible version of Singapore's political scene. The current government may suck, but the truth is that everyone else suck even more.
















P90X is tough. Monday is only my first day and I'm glad I'm doing it alone at home.

Today, according to the schedule, is for Core Synergistics. It's all about the torso (back and abdomen) and limbs, and the aerobic exercises are extremely difficult.

I managed to follow them for about half an hour in the hour-long video and was only able to try out all the other workouts (except for the bonus round) at least once. Now my abdomen is in agony; it's not just an ache but real pain whenever the muscles tense.

But pain is good because it means I tried really hard, even though I still failed quite epicly at following the whole video.

If 100% means I fall unconscious due to overstraining myself, this is probably 70-80%.

Tomorrow, it's Cardio X. Looking forward to it.

On second though, there's going to be RT. After the first day, I don't think it's a good idea to do both this and RT, so I guess I'll skip this and just do RT since there aren't many sessions left anyway.








I think the best thing about this exercising this way is that I don't get pushed by anyone and I can do it at my own pace, meaning I can skip exercises if I'm really tired and there's nobody to push me till I hate doing it.

















Apparently, my bro tried the P90 in his uni days and managed to finish two cycles (180 days). But that was in his uni days, aka the days right after his NS.

I'm so out of shape that for some of the workouts, I'm literally just flopping around on the floor, eg the Superman Banana. So glad nobody was at home.

The Superman Banana is an exercise where you lie on your belly and do the Superman's flying pose, hands and legs stretched out and only your belly is touching the floor.

When he says, "Banana," you turn around to lie on your back, all limbs stretched out and still off the ground with only your lower back/buttocks touching the ground.

Then he keeps switching between "Superman" and "Banana" at an increasing speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment