Friday 21 June 2013

Rant 1148 / Breathing Is Now An Unhealthy Activity.

It kinda feels like an excuse but I'm skipping today, Thursday.

In my last post I said that the 3-hour PSI reading hit 321 at 10pm last night.

The 24-hour reading of the PM2.5 concentration level at 8am today managed to hit 200 and beyond everywhere in Singapore 2 hours ago (8am).

The difference between the two readings is that the 3-hour reading only determines the concentration of particles in the air of sizes 10 microns and larger, while the 24-hour reading I mentioned is about those of sizes 2.5 microns and larger.

At 200 ug/m^3 for these smaller particles, the official health advisory is as follows:

The following groups should remain indoors and keep activity levels low:

- People with heart or lung disease
- Children and older adults

Everyone else should avoid all physical activity outdoor.


I don't fall under either group but I'm totally not working out today. Heck, unless it rains today, I'm not even going to do anything that makes me breathe hard.

The haze is so bad, MCD has stopped its delivery service at all outlets.


19 June 2013 afternoon



20 June 2013 morning
That's not fog; that's pure smoke from the Indonesian fires.


....




Sunset, 20 June 2013

My sinus feels a little uncomfortable now. Not sure if it's a psychological effect or the real thing.


















The 3-hour PSI reading was at 371 at 1pm on the 20th of June 2013. A new record again.

Anything above 300 is hazardous so this is worrying because it does not look like the fires over in Indonesia are dying down within the next 48 hours.

Meanwhile, the 24-hour PM2.5 reading at 4pm was 247-304 so simply breathing in Singapore is bad for our health.

I'm switching on my air-conditioning right now at 4.45pm. Fuck this. Although this alone does not make the air any cleaner inside my room, the reduction in ventilation, the ioniser function of my a/c unit and my 2 crappy air purifiers should help a little.






































That Weird Japanese Bodybuilder Cartoon - Watch More Funny Videos
















Went back to Neverwinter when I realized Rift's actually not very alive such that it's actually pretty hard to find groups.

Or maybe it was because I was a tank in NWN and tanks were in short supply.

In any case, I made a new rogue because the reason for the tank shortage was that they sucked at endgame content. Haven't gotten around to finding groups yet because I spent all my time in the game today farming in the event. Managed to get that rare blue skeleton dog in 15 minutes but never saw another again for the next several hours before the server was shut down for maintenance.

But I did manage to farm enough bones to buy a common skeleton dog. Not that I'll be using it but it might turn out to be more valuable in the future. Who knows? There's no harm anyway since everything else the event vendor sells suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment