Thursday 30 May 2013

Rant 1140 / MM6 Is A Long Game

Started drinking coffee again because it's delicious.

Last week, I just decided to try coffee again because I felt like drinking some. Began with tea, actually, for the same reason, then advanced to coffee after a few days.

Then I ran out of instant coffee.

Hence a few days ago, I bought a few packets of real coffee. Those prices, man! Apparently, normal coffee takeaway in a bag costs $1. Having it there in a glass costs $0.80. Black with sugar, takeaway, costs $20 less each.

I didn't know the plastic bag costs that much. Nor the milk! $0.20 each for both bag and milk!

Ice is another $0.20.

Next time, I think I'll go for kopi kosong (no sugar no milk) but I'll need to check the pricelist again to confirm sugar's also $0.20. Otherwise, I'm sticking with kopi-o (no milk) since evaporated milk is easy to find.


But now I think I'm noticing another effect of coffee. I didn't even know it was there because I used to get it all the time with or without coffee due to my irregular sleep schedule, but now that I keep it consistent and exercise regularly, I notice it immediately when it happened.

Today, I woke up tired and it was hard to start my engine. This is not normal nowadays.

I think I'll go cool turkey this weekend. Not cold turkey because I still have RT in the evening.

Coffee is so bad :(




EDIT: Now I think that was just bad sleep.















Bought a squid the day before and like before, I felt that the gladius inside was too nice to be thrown away.

The problem is that I can't find any use for it and it's broken.

I can't be the only person to think that the squid's bone looks nice. I'd keep it but since it serves no purpose, I don't want to accumulate junk.




















Might & Magic 6 is hard if not for this thing that I'm not sure if it's a bug.

I don't know why they never patched it, but all scrolls are reusable in turn-based mode.

I had to use it so much in the werewolf cave because it was so hard for my team. Fortunately, I had scrolls for Implosion and Fireball, so after I ran out of food, these two scrolls saved me. Would have been better if I had a scroll for Inferno and Ring of Fire, but Fireball's fine too.

The problem with this dungeon is that there are three monsters that do things that will ruin your day regardless of your level.

First, the attacks of the master swordsmen and oozes have a small chance of breaking your equipment. A few of them is ok, but when you're surrounded by like 20 of them, those small chances can really accumulate.

Unfortunately, I did not invest in my Repair skill, so there was nothing I could do but run back to town every now and then.

Second, the attacks of the strongest werewolves have small chances of reducing the HP of a party member to 0 instantly. Although I have two members who can heal, the Cleric with her powerful Cure Wounds and the Paladin with her crappy Healing Touch, there had been several occasions when my entire party got wiped in one attack.

For the first problem, the dungeon likes to spawn ambushes on the way out if I try to run for the exit for repairs. For the second, the constant heals and my need to kill them asap with my best spells instead of my most cost-efficient attacks really drained my MP.

I could run out, but that was a pain. So when I ran out of food, which was necessary for rests, I decided to exploit the bug instead to get infinite attacks.

After finishing the dungeon, I got enough experience to raise my level thrice, up from 35 to 38. As for loot, this was the first dungeon in which I had to leave behind the cheapest items. It was so big and there was so much stuff everywhere! In the end I made about 110k. Pretty damn good haul. Enough for my archmage to learn Dark magic and all the spells I deemed useful, like Day of Protection.






Funny thing is, after so long, I still haven't gotten around to completing the main quests.

1 comment:

  1. YH!
    MM6
    upgrade your bow skills.
    equip each member with a bow.
    and try to get to expert level at least for it.

    after that try to get a master healer sidekick. its worth it.

    Victor

    ReplyDelete