Friday 1 February 2013

Rant 1103 / Every Village Has An Idiot

Avadon: The Black Fortress has so many elements from the Geneforge games!

Though I've only played the first and half of the second, I can already recognize so many sounds Avadon ripped off from them.

It's seriously confusing because my ears tell me it's Geneforge while my eyes tell me different.

Whoever made the game must have been a huge Geneforge fan.



















An email from Starhub arrived to tell me I'm getting a week's worth of this month's internet bill waived.

Here I come, M1.

This also made me rethink my own business's way of handling such an issue. Before, I didn't know what to do when there's a really serious complaint from an angry customer, so I agree with whatever the store's people suggest.

It's usually just a 1-for-1 replacement, no different from any other complaints.

Now I think I need to go further the way the Apollo shirt people did, but not to that degree. They refunded me my entire order's worth of credit when I only requested for a third of it, and there's no way I'm going to do that unless it was really bad.

I'll just see if I could go with double. Not sure how things work exactly in the stores, so I don't know how I could go about giving that kind of store credit.























So business dropped quite abruptly this month. I don't really understand why but I'm not seriously concerned. It's nothing compared to what I failed to accomplish last year anyway.

Still, it has been better than 2011 so I gave my staff a bigger bonus. After 2012, I certainly see why the elder one was pissed when I gave them both the same amount for 2011, and why it's fair to give her a bit more.

For one, she's the first person I turn to when I have minor logistical issues. In fact, I always have something to ask her everyday and most of the question are quite retarded, like stuff she had already told me at least once before. I'm surprised she never said anything about it; almost everyone else I know wouldn't be so patient with my level of absent-mindedness.

I don't really know how I'm going to handle 2013 because I've been failing at sweaters. I may appear to be doing well from my suppliers' perspective, but they don't know I've been selling mainly my mother's old stuff while the new goods I ordered are constantly accumulating.

I just suck at picking wool, for example. At first, I thought I should look at the smoothness. Turns out that wasn't the most important quality. Next, I discovered that some of the new wools I've been using pill like crazy, and in some of the stores where the salespeople are lazier, they look terribly old despite being brand new.

Heck, I recently even bought some sweaters made of wool that feel seriously itchy. Fortunately it's not a huge amount so I don't really care if they don't sell. It only matters if they do.

At the moment, I think I'm getting it after discovering a few other things I should watch, but I don't believe this is going to be the end of it.

People have told me I'm doing quite well for someone in my situation. That is not true - I have no idea how I'm doing at all.

Hence, I'm giving myself a five-year period to judge. Two years have gone, one in which I didn't actually do shit and another that I spent figuring out what to do, so there are three years more to go.

Then, I'll be able to tell with some degree of confidence whether I'm doing well or I'm merely delaying the end.

And jackets. Wow. I've been neglecting that area for so long because my results there are even worse than sweaters. To be honest, I've got this feeling I'll be doing a lot of donating later this year.

I think that's going to be like tens of thousands of dollars going to charities.

I only hope the stores will keep supporting me despite these issues.




And my bro. That's something I don't understand.

He can't find a job and he hesitates at my job offer. Whenever I ask him if he wants to come over, he always replies with," I don't know."

I don't even understand why he can't say "Yes".

There is no obligation to stay; I don't even plan to hand any serious work over until after a year or two.

So where's the catch? Ego?

He could just work over here while waiting. Yet he prefers to stay at home to play.

I don't care if he's discouraged. Shit, I was discouraged and still am, but it's not like we have a lot of choices in our lives.

Eating into his inheritance like that is just bs, but I can't do anything about it because it's not my money.

Worse, the more he "doesn't know", the less I want to let him come over. By now, I'm already seriously in doubt if he should ever work with me. He may be my brother, but do I really want someone like that in my business?

He's most likely going to be a husband and maybe even a father within the decade, but the way he behaves disappoints me.

Choices, man. Is he even looking at where he's going?

Does he think I can protect him or something? Because I can't; I can barely handle things on my end.

No comments:

Post a Comment