Wednesday 30 January 2013

Rant 1102 / I Just Realized That New Issues Of The Walking Dead Comics Are Still Being Produced.

Gemini Rue was a good point-and-click adventure game. Kind of short but fine nonetheless.

The plot was probably supposed to have a great twist except it got pretty obvious somewhere around the middle of the game when one of the NPCs mentioned how they could send multiple patients out. That's when I strongly suspected that the protagonist was one of those, especially when he appeared to know nobody but his brother and his friend.

I felt it could have been a better surprise if it wasn't mentioned until the end the way they didn't mention the transplant, but what's done is done.




I think if they got the good plots, they could probably make more of these games with that engine. It can't be too hard with those retro pixelated graphics.






















Watched "The Watch" and I'm sorry I did. Why do I even bother watching Ben Stiller movies?

























So the Starhub tech came over and replaced the router to a D-Link one.

Now the speed is slower on my iPad for some reason although it feels pretty alright on my bro's laptop and my PC.

Speedtest told us the download speed is slower now at about 50Mbps but it's not a major issue.

However, I'm getting irritated by the slow speed at which my iPad's updating all the apps that haven't been updated due to NO INNERNET.

Strange that my tablet's having inconsistent speed.

According to the tech, both the routers Starhub offer are just as bad, and according to our online research, the complaints on the D-Link router are increasing as more people are beginning to use it.

Meanwhile, I do not expect Starhub to even contact me again nor will the next bill reflect any changes to the numbers.

Conclusion: I'm switching to M1 in March. Goodbye, Starfug. Hello, 35% off everything.

Yea I just realized it was 35% for 5 lines, not 45%.

...

Okay, everything seems back to normal. Router died twice during the course of the day but that's probably because it couldn't handle the number of connections my utorrent allows. Generally slower too. Inferior stuff.

But I can live with that for a few more months. At worst, there's always the option of getting my own router but that is going to be extremely inconvenient to troubleshoot since the ISP won't be able to help.
























After watching 2 seasons of Undercover Boss, I was initially surprised at how practically everyone working with those bosses had some kind of sob story.

I thought the crew had probably sifted through lists of employees or something to pick out people like that for their show, but later realized it wasn't the people but the questions.

The thing is, everyone always has a family; if they don't, that's a sob story by itself. Whenever a person with a family hits adulthood, he/she or the family would have gone through one dramatic event or another.

They just need to be asked the right questions.

I still doubt that all the bosses cried sincerely. I mean these guys are incredibly sociable people with huge networks in order to be where they are. You can't possibly know hundreds of people and still not hear of stories like these, yet they appeared as if they haven't seen anything like this on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment