Monday 18 February 2013

Rant 1109 / Fann Wong's Armpits Are A Myth

So I just discovered yesterday that my suede shoes are mouldy. MOULDY!
SHIIIIIIT!!

I didn't know that suede shoes can turn mouldy this quickly!

All I did was neglect them in the shelves since November or October. Can't remember exactly when and too lazy to search my blog. Now the back and the front are covered by this greenish-grey fluffy stuff that I normally see on bread.

Fortunately, google results assured me that this is a common occurence and it's easy to handle. All I need to do is wipe it with a vinegar-soaked rag and the acid will kill the fungus. After that, I'll have to do my normal maintenance to waterproof it and restore the nap.

These suede shoes are more trouble than I thought they'd be but they're just too comfortable to throw.

...

Cleaned them with a rag and some diluted white rice vinegar.

Tomorrow I'll see if it's fixed, and if it is, I'll do the usual waterproofing treatment and maybe I'll start wearing them again.

The mould was horrible. Not only was it outside and in the hard-to-reach gap where the shoe was sewn into the sole, it was also all over the inside of the shoe and under the shoelaces.

At least the shoelaces weren't mouldy, but despite being immune to mould, the shoe tree did get some of that fungus stuck on it.

I think the worst thing about this whole problem was that I underestimated the mould and neglected to wear a mask. Got an irritated windpipe for a while and now I wonder if there will be more consequences to come.

I'll have to remember to wear one next year.



















Meanwhile, my washing machine broke down. No idea why and I couldn't find the manual for it. It stopped at Rinse and beeped about 16 times. If I hit Pause and Start to make it continue, it stops and beeps again.

Now the wet laundry is in the basin next to it and I'm too annoyed to fix it. From what I've read, I'll have to open the machine with a screwdriver to troubleshoot it, and I'm totally not in the mood for something like that.

Fuck this. I have enough clothes to last me another week. Let the laundry rot for all I care. If my bro dares to ask me about it instead of trying something himself for once, I'll throw him the same lame excuse he gives me," I don't know how to."

In case anyone doesn't get how bad this excuse is, I'll just say it right here that with the internet, you cannot possibly not know how to handle 99% of the things an average person can encounter in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment