Monday 4 February 2013

Rant 1105 / Low Hit Rate Is An Annoyance.

Somehow I have this feeling that the most popular class in Path of Exile is the Witch, just because that's the easiest path to becoming a summoner.

Any class can be come a summoner, but the Witch's starting point in the skill tree is the closest to all the minion passive skills.

I could too, since the Templar's right next to the Witch. I'd need to go through the elemental damage region of the tree to get to those, but it can be done. It will take longer and the final build will be slightly different because the skill gems I get from quest rewards are different from what a Witch can get.

But I'll go with the Lightning Templar, basically a mace-and-shield melee fighter with lightning damage and uses lightning spells.

Still waiting for the Lightning Strike gem but I'm only in Act 2 of Normal difficulty.

With my current set of skill gems, I'm also wondering if I should go Lightning or Fire because I seem to have a lot of Fire-based skills and only 2 Lightning ones - a support gem that adds Lightning damage to my attacks and a Tempest Shield which raises my shield block chance and does Lightning damage to melee attackers.

So far, I still have yet to add any points in Lightning-specific passive skills so it's not a real problem yet, but I worry about the future.

Actually my current issue is my hit rate. I miss a lot more than I'd like and I don't really know how to fix that. I can add like two more points into that kind of passive but beyond that, I don't have a lot of such passives near the skills I really need.























So I really went back to get another 2 5kg-bags of rice. This time, there was another stack of rice of the same brand and weight but with a different name. Instead of "Fragrant White Rice", these are called "Jasmine Fragrant Rice".

I'm sure they're the same stuff.

Also realized just now that they're not airtight so I'll need to seal them up with the vacuum bags I got a long time ago. My rice tends to get weevils around the same time I almost finish a 10kg-bag. It used to be even faster back when I didn't know I had to clean the tub I use to hold the bag every time I take out the empty bags.

I'm still not sure where they're coming from, but weevils aren't toxic and they're easy to rinse off so they're not an issue until the infestation gets really bad, which generally doesn't happen anymore nowadays.




















Watched someone stream Saya no Uta. There were a few sex scenes but the streamer had "masterfully" censored all the naughty bits with video-game-related images so we could only read the text and hear the Japanese voice-acting.

This visual novel is really weird but I guess it's normal for a Japanese product.

The story is about this guy who went under an experimental brain surgery after a near-fatal car accident that turned out to have an unexpected side-effect: it made his senses go haywire. Everything normal looked grotesque to him, walls are covered by fleshy stuff and people appear to him as monsters, and even food tasted bad.

Just when he had decided to commit suicide, he encountered Saya whom he perceived as a normal pretty girl when in fact, she was a man-eating alien whose appearance alone could drive people insane and whose purpose is to mutate all humans into her race.

This is probably the only kind of romance that couldn't possibly have a good ending, and none of the game endings were good: she dies, both die or they never see each other ever again.

I like the concept and I feel that more could be done with the idea, like a full-fledged horror game, although these days the horror genre is pretty dead.
























I have a feeling I will be going to work on Wednesday and I'll be the only one there. If they can finish packing everything tomorrow and if all the stores have sent their orders during the weekend already, I'll tell my staff they can stay home from Wednesday onwards for CNY and I'll handle the rest.

I really hope all the orders are in but I'll find out later.

No comments:

Post a Comment