Saturday 29 September 2012

Rant 1068 / With Vocaloid, Who Needs Real Voices?

So I expected the Carrefour final clearance sale at the Singapore Expo to be quite devoid of anything really interesting.

Not really, but it was not what I expected.

Instead of walls of bottled water like I saw at Plaza Singapura, the sale turned out to be a bed accessories galore.

No bottled water, no netbooks and printers, nope.

Just mattress protectors, bed sheets, tiny 1m-long bolsters, bolster covers, pillow casings, cushion casings and etc.

And socks. Fucking socks. I wouldn't mind socks but they were all up to size fucking 12 like they were taunting me.

Seriously, every single pair of socks on sale were for size 7 to 11 or 12. Not one for size 13. Not even one.

And underwears and shirts, but I didn't need dress shirts since all I need were the ones I ordered on Kickstarter.

There were a few booths from banks but I needed nothing from those. Two tried to get me to get loans and savings accounts but LIKE I NEEDED A FUCKING LOAN TO BUY BED SHEETS!

One of them was particularly unforgettable because I think she was faking her squeaky voice. Either that or she had an unnaturally anime-like voice for a grown woman. Either way, it disturbed me.


Anyways I have never been to the Expo for sales before so it was kinda educational. For one, the queue was crazy, ie I will never go there again.

Another thing I didn't know was that they could share expo halls. There were several other companies there doing smaller sales in the same hall with Carrefour, like OTO with its own clearance sale which appeared pretty successful because it's area was... spacious. Lots of massage chairs and that sort of thing.

There were some cheap scented candles but one sniff was all I needed to understand why they were selling them at $3 for six 2" tall and 1" diameter candles. I wouldn't take them even if they were free.

TBH I did want to get a set of anti-mite bed sheets but the queue was so ridiculous I went back and put the pack back onto the wagon instead.

















It's just a blue gun! WTF? How did it even come up with that price?

It sucks (for Zero)!

With that terrible ammo capacity plus a 2-ammo-per-shot handicap, relatively poor accuracy; and lack of special ability, I have no idea why it is priced at over $5000.





















































So I researched more into the subject of interior designers, whose service I already knew will be expensive.

Apparently, I will need to set aside at least S$20k for this, but I think I will consider something around double of that if my bro and I can afford it.

It may be a big sum, but I'm talking about the home we will be living in for many years, so it will be worth it... as long as we can afford it then and it turns out well.

This is going to be in the future though, probably in 10 years' time after we move to a new flat, so there's plenty of time for imagination.

We will most likely have to set aside a similar sum in order to stay in a flat that's on a similar storey, so it's something to keep in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment