Monday 24 September 2012

Rant 1066 / Disturbingly Perturbed

Was wandering around looting Firehawk's hideout after finishing the Enkindling quest when I looked at the screens.



Roland used to be different.



















Got iOS 6 on my iPad. Currently learning the uses and limitations of Siri.

So far the most useful function is the "Open " command, but the funny thing is that Siri can't close apps.

Why???

I have this habit of closing apps that I don't intend to use right after I'm done using them in order to conserve battery power, so if I'm going to get used to getting Siri to open my apps, it's not going to be that awesome if I have to close them manually.

Shrinking is not a problem because if Siri can be opened on top of apps, I can open whichever app I want without exiting the app, as long as I can remember the app.

Another is that it can send emails for me. Granted, it is unable to understand a number of terms I've tried so far, like local street names, because it's using UK English but it can handle the simple stuff.

Finally, it can set alarms, reminder and timers for me. Kind of useful, but mainly just the timer for the times when I leave something to cook while I wait at the computer.

The alarm volume is the same as the sound volume I set for the tablet, which means it's very soft. Kinda pointless. Reminders are useful because they are displayed on the lock screen. Could make decent shopping lists.




















US$100k for the death of whoever made the terrible anti-Islam film?

Either the minister is stupid or he's too emotional, and therefore, again, stupid.

Bounties don't work in today's society.

The problem with it is that it's impossible to trust complete strangers to identify the target correctly. This is especially true when the filmmaker is currently not confirmed to be the guy under arrest by the US police.

Hence, it can cause unnecessary violence among innocent civilians.

This minister is basically inciting violence in the US, and I'd be surprised if he's still a minister by the end of the year.




















China doesn't want the Nexen deal to be politicized but that doesn't even make sense!

The deal involves a Chinese state-owned company proposing to take over a Canadian energy company.

How can politics not be involved at all?























If humans ever come into contact with aliens, and these aliens have some form of religion, some religious humans are going to compare their religion(s) with the aliens' and find common points as evidence that their deity or deities exist, unless of course those points don't conform to their doctrines.

Then again, in almost all religions, things are selectively interpreted either literally or otherwise so they will find what they want to find.




















After all these time, despite all the advancements in psychology, it is clear nobody really understands each other. Even though it is scary how the marketing people of commercial corporations manipulate their victims, IMO they're only barely scratching the surface of what is possible.

The reason is that even today, nobody really knows how to make a successful film or game. Some film studios, TV studios and game developers can somehow nudge the probabilities in their favour, but none of their methods have succeeded constantly.

The fact remains that we still don't know what we like. The best of us have only a vague idea, but nobody seems to know for sure what will be popular until the product is released.
























Borderlands 2 rapes my FPS so bad sometimes, even though I'm not setting everything to High.

Still, it's an interesting game.

"Explosive Fuster Cluck"





Another weapon I'm using, the Critical Shotgun 1340, is both powerful and entertaining to use. It probably also helps that I focus on Critical Damage skills, originally to get more damage from headshots, since it has already 50% more Crit Dmg. The gun's one of two possible rewards from a sidequest so any player can get it easily.


Seriously, it's the little things like this that makes a game a lot more fun.

This game is not a serious one. As far as I can tell, none of the characters are actually the cool, serious sort that are common in other FPS games. Even Zero spouts memes, like sometimes when he uses his power, he goes,"How hilarious! You just activated my trap card!"


























The thing about Iran's desire to use nuclear energy as a power source only leads to two possibilities:

1) Its oil is running out.
2) "Peaceful purposes" my ass.

If 1 is true, then Israel is being a complete jerk by trying to stop Iran from having a future.

If 2 is true, then Israel may be right.

Except it's a fact that Israel is a complete jerk, although this doesn't prevent 2 from being true.

No comments:

Post a Comment