Monday 3 September 2012

Rant 1054 / Kraken Roars

My flight in January has been delayed a little, forcing me to arrive in Shanghai after 8pm.

At least the dinner's still included in the flight, but it just means that the first night will solely be for sleep.

Nice that Expedia called me to ask me if it's ok.

This also reminded me to read up on the frequent flyer programmes. Right now, it seems like I'm likely to fly Cathay and China Eastern more often, so I'm looking at the Marco Polo Club and Eastern Miles. The former is under oneworld and the latter is under Skyteam.

The Marco Polo Club doesn't seem to be worth it. Even if all my flights qualify for 100% Asia Miles, which is the best the lowest tier membership (Green) can get, I'm only getting about 9000 miles a year at best.

To redeem a free upgrade to Business Class, I need 17,500 Miles for one-way or 30k for both trips.

Still, I'm signing up for the free Asia Miles programme just to see what happens. It's free and the mileage last 3 years, so I'm ok with it at the moment.

Right now I'm still not very clear about this: do I need to be a Marco Polo member to upgrade my seat with Asia Miles? If not, I'm perfectly fine without that. Mostly it's because I won't be getting enough mileage to maintain even a Green membership and if I want to retain it, I will probably have to pay that renewal fee of US$50 annually.

I guess I will have to email them.


























NTUC Income gave me a very vague reply on the phone on the definition of "major cancers".

I'm not sure why they're acting exactly the same way as how Mindef did when I asked what can be mentioned online regarding my ICTs.

Is the definition classified information or what?

According to this person from NTUC Income, presumably the Group and Health Department my email was forwarded to, she could not "ascertain" what I've been asking for because no claim application was provided.

Actuarial science must be more complicated than I thought.

Or maybe the real explanation requires a lot of medical knowledge.
























MFW someone wiped out my new defense system in Galaxy Life Pocket Adventures and nothing else, then tells me "F*cking good defense!"

...

Hmm... apparently that wasn't sarcasm. Due to the fact that I've never used the Falcon before, I didn't know that this unit can only attack defenses and nothing else.

He had nothing but Falcons, 26 of them, just to take out my turrets and bunkers, leaving no slot for other units to attack other structures. By the time he was finished, he had only 3 Falcons left.

So he wasted 26 Falcons for nothing.

On the other hand, losing two bunkers full of Wasps just bankrupted me. He might not have gained anything from his attacks, but it was painful for me nonetheless.




















My newer 1TB WD My Book Essential died. I had only bought it last year!

I think it had to do with the force shutdowns I had to do because I keep leaving it on and my PC keeps trying to boot from it.

It can still be detected by PCs and be "safely removed" but in Disk Management, it's "Not Initialized" and also cannot be.

WD tells me it's dead. However, since my warranty is still valid for RMA, I can have it replaced for free.

The problem is that there is important data inside, and the DriverSavers WD recommends will charge me US$700 at least for their data recovery service.

D:

That probably doesn't include postal charges.

No comments:

Post a Comment