Tuesday 18 September 2012

Rant 1064 / The New Robocop Looks Like Gray Fox From MGS



They see me rollin', they hatin'.























Bought 24 cans of F&N soda water aka club soda just because they were so cheap and convenient. At $13.60 (free shipping), that's $0.57 per can.

At the Shop N Save near by place, which is the only shop selling such beverages consistently, it's sold at $4.75 per half-dozen. That's roughly $0.79 per can.

Which also means that the budget store was selling it at $0.60 per can.

Except even if all of them are selling it at the same price, I'd still order from that online store just for the free delivery.

I had also considered ordering 24 cans of tonic water but my gin's running out and I'm not planning to get more during my next three trips to duty-free shops in the airport. Gin and tonic is nice but I don't like it enough to spend that kind of money on it. Instead I'll just get other stuff.

Since soda water is a neutral mixer, I don't have to worry about it being useless.

At worst, if I can't find anything I really like, I'll just mix the rest with whatever syrups I feel like getting and make common soft drinks out of them.

Also got a can of solid fuel.

Fun stuff. Found out I couldn't just blow out the flame but I used a syringe of water to put it out. It was only later that I realized I could have just put the lid back on to smother the flame.

Dangerous, but I guess it's safe enough if the lids are kept closed tightly.

I want to use it as a replacement for my dwindling supply of tealights but I'll have to find a way to make it burn with a smaller flame.

I'm left with less than 25 of those and the last time I asked the store, the next batch will arrive only in the next month.

This time, I'll get two boxes.


























> marriage
> 2012


























Oh wow I just an even better alternative to the $0.50 stickers to use cart coupons with: the free cleaning cloth. It's completely free of charge - shipping included!

I'm currently testing it but until I find it in my mailbox, I can't confirm that it will work. This is because it appears to be meant as an optional freebie for buying other stuff. My guess, logically derived from the "Added order" phrase in the line, is that the seller is stingy enough to want to bury this freebie in the list so that fewer people will ask for it.

The free cleaning cloth is a little hard to find but it's definitely buried under Accessories.



Yea it's ridiculous but if the seller allows this to happen, I'm so bookmarking this loophole.

Otherwise, I'm ignoring this bugger forever because the marketing gimmick employed by this shop is only inches away from making it a legit scammer. A single cent is used as the official price but every single item, except for the cleaning cloth, has additional costs so that the prices are actually similar to those offered by other stores.

The cleaning cloth, as shown in the image, is priced at -$0.01 so it's completely free.

...

Welp, they cancelled the order with the reason "Out of stock" and a memo saying,"other item needed to be purchase to include this in".

It was worth a try :P
























Found this game called "Epic Mafia" which is all about lying and exposing lies.

In the vanilla setup, there are Mafia members vs villagers.

Nobody knows which side everyone else is on and they can only guess who is really their team member.

The goal of the game is to eliminate the opposite team.

During the course of the game, the time is split into days and nights. In the day, everyone attends a village meeting to discuss who the Mafia members are and can vote to lynch someone.

At night, Mafia members attend their own little meeting in which they discuss and vote on which innocent villager to kill.

This is the vanilla setup which nobody seems to play because there are like a hundred roles other than Villagers and Mafia that a host can choose from.

Which is part of the reason why I thought it was a confusing game for a newbie. I have to learn on the spot what every role does in each game because I can't be bothered to read through everything in the wiki.

The other reason for this impression is that everyone there uses a lot of game-specific jargons that I didn't understand, to the point where after 8 games, I'm still clueless about what half the discussions were about.

For example, it took me like 3 games to understand what "claim" meant, and "cc" in 5 games. To claim is to announce your role and "cc" means counter-claim, implying that the first claimant was lying.

This concept, in conjunction with all the different roles, makes the game a lot more complicated.

In one game with 4 players remaining, I was a hunter and there was only one Mafia left, and someone called for everyone to claim.

A hunter's ability is that he gets to shoot someone if he gets lynched in the village meeting.

I said I was the hunter (only one in that game left) and then someone also claimed to be a hunter.

Apparently, that guy picked the wrong role to lie about because someone immediately deduced that this conundrum could be solved by hanging either one of us, the logic being that if they lynched the real hunter, he could just shoot the liar, who obviously would have been Mafia.



Anyway the game is still confusing as fuck to me and I'm not sure if I'll continue playing.



























Finally, someone who can outsmart a bullet!

No comments:

Post a Comment