Monday 10 September 2012

Rant 1060 / Passport Pouches Are So Bulky! Why Do People Want That?



OH SHIT!!







That fcking spy!

























I have an idea.

Initially I thought I should get a clutch.

Now I think about it, I think my father had one back in the 80s.

Anyways, after thinking about it a bit, I realized if I get a clutch that can handle an iPad, wouldn't it be more expensive than an iPad cover that can handle money and documents?

What I have in mind is kinda like a typical iPad cover except one of the sides has a pocket or two for documents.

Now where can I find something like that?

Hmm...

Well, that wasn't hard. Just searched "ipad casing" on Qoo10 and found this within the first 2 pages of the search results:



Not exactly what I wanted but pretty close. Doesn't look very secure.

And it costs S$48 with shipping. Nope.


Another was this:


The black models also have a detachable leather band that I really like, in case I get robbed while my hand is tired from holding it all day in Shanghai.




But this is $53 with shipping. The lowest I could get with my coupons was $44.40.

Are they all for real or did I expected too low a price?

If the price doesn't drop, I'm actually willing to pay that amount TBH, just extremely reluctantly.

I'd be more willing to buy it if it was made of faux suede like the passport cover I got previously.




Maybe I could just DIY a pouch on the iPad cover I'm already using. Will definitely be uglier but not sure how much.

...

I will need an elastic band. It's the only way to fasten anything anything to the cover without damaging it and looking really ugly like it would with clips. In my mind it looks like this:

I'll then have to find a pouch or something that's flat and can be attached to the band in a secure manner without it flapping about at any time. It will also have to be black because keeping it inside might scratch the screen.

It's kinda like a flattened waistpouch except it's small enough to fit my iPad cover.

I think I'll search on google for ideas.

Hmm... google has nothing I want.

But now the idea is to get 2 elastic bands to secure the pouch properly. Since my iPad cover is of this simple design:



the pouch should fit only the larger side of the cover like this:



TBH, if I can get the bands, I could probably either sew the pouch on myself or get my staff to do it. I just need to find the right pouch with a zip.The bands should be easy to get. If there isn't any in my office I'll try the tailor supplies shop near my place.























Was having some rather bad back ache last night and thought my posture must have been worse than I thought. It was so serious even lying in bed didn't help.

Then this morning it was still there but only for my left side.

That led me to the conclusion that it wasn't simple backache - it was muscle ache from the overhead claps.

I didn't know they strain the muscles between my shoulder blades, but now I do, and it's worse than other muscle aches I've experienced in my upper body. It's painful everytime I take a deep breath.
























First Romney praises Clinton's speech at the DNC. Now he says that there are parts of Obamacare that he likes and will keep if he gets elected.

=.="

I am confused: is he trying to replace Barack Obama or Joe Biden?????


























A package!


It's obvious what's inside.


Covering up all barcodes just in case.




Blah blah yada yada thanks for buying have a nice day.




These are bigger than I thought!




Nicely decorated tin cans.



Wow! The camera flash really changed the look of this can.



Smells nice too.



Not a typical guy thing but nevertheless.



The candle inside is the same except for the smell and colour so I'm not opening it.



This looks a little different.



 Apricot wax? I didn't know apricot contains wax, only cyanide.


 Same stuff.



Different aroma.


If it weren't for the shipping discount and the US$10 credit, I wouldn't have bought them. Even with the total discount of S$21.50, I still had to fork out S$59.10 for this order.

Still, with that much burn time and the different aromas I have never seen before, it's worth it.

In Singapore, I can find 60-hour candles easily but not below $20. They're usually S$20-30. Those below S$20 are either not popular or unscented.

Well, neither could I on Gilt if not for the credit and shipping discount, but they happened to be there so I used them.

Obligatory referral link.























EA wants to buy Valve for US$1 billion.

"Valve has been pursued over the years by Electronic Arts, which would very likely have valued Valve at well over $1 billion had the talks progressed that far".

No, Valve, please no.

Everything EA touches turns to shit, like Maxis, Westwood, Bullfrog and Popcap. That company's got the reverse Midas Touch.






















Just when I thought the Catholic church scandals have died down, someone has to go dig up that crap again.

In a recent interview* with the National Catholic Register, Father Benedict Groeschel, of the conservative Franciscan Friars of the Renewal, said that teens act as seducers in some sexual abuse cases involving priests.

Some teens just want priest dicks, right? Ok, so that really wasn't that incredibly implausible, until...

Pressed for clarification, the New York State-based religious leader explained that kids looking for father figures might be drawn to priests to fill an emotional hole in their lives.
Oh "emotional hole" I know what you mean. I just didn't know that fathers, whether biological or not, are supposed to fill those holes in that manner.


Also,

"And I’m inclined to think, on [a priest's] first offense, they should not go to jail because their intention was not committing a crime."

So if a first-time rapist's intention was purely to get some free pussy ( because lust is not a crime), they should not go to jail.

Or does this only apply to priests?

Man, Catholicism is so different from my previous impression of it.

PS I know I know, rape is not about the sex but the control

No comments:

Post a Comment